GOAL SMASHED!

Options
TuscanySun
TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
Hey everyone....tooting my horn....I hit one of my goals early!

I originally had a 39# by my 39th by day goal...well, I did that in April with 8 weeks left till my bday, so I chaged the goal to 50# by my 39th bday

HOT DAMN!!! I weighed in this a.m. and PRAISE GOD...I'm at 53 pounds shed!! And I still have 3.5 weeks till D-day!! Yeeee haaa!!

On to the next goal...not sure what its going to be yet but I wanted to be down 100 lbs by Christmas...thats agressive I think but aim high right??

Have a great day!!!

Replies

• a_new_mii
    a_new_mii Posts: 53
    Options
    That's awesome! You can do it!!!!
  • demezat
    demezat Posts: 158
    Options
    Holy WOW!! That's amazing...what are you doing to get such great results?
  • Itmomma
    Itmomma Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! That is awesome, I know you are working hard for this! What an amazing gift to give yourself .....a leaner, healthier YOU!:bigsmile:
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    wow how great for yoU!!! definitely calls for a celebration!! keep up the good work! :)
  • ravennati1
    ravennati1 Posts: 2
    Options
    That's Amazing!!! What an inspiration! Keep moving forward!
  • wmcnicol
    wmcnicol Posts: 144
    Options
    wow amazing!! what an awesome job I bet you are so proud of your self. I know you should be!!!
  • angel1face
    angel1face Posts: 110
    Options
    :flowerforyou: thats awsome way to go!! keep up the good work.:flowerforyou:
  • Skagirl
    Skagirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You're awesome!! Keep it up. :drinker:
  • btgeisey
    btgeisey Posts: 7
    Options
    WOW! GREAT JOB!, i am really curious to know what your tricks are to getting such great results? I have been going for 2 wks and have only lost like maybe 1lb, i am very discouraged........it s great to see someone with good results, makes me not give up hope yet.....keep up the good work, and TOOT AWAY!!! you deserve it!
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats!!!
    93282.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • easy2lov3
    easy2lov3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!:flowerforyou: How u do it?
    Keep up the good work!!:drinker:
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    WOW - THAT'S REALLY GREAT!!!! Keep up the good work. It feels really good when you work so hard towards a goal and finally reach it.
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

To those of you that asked what I'm doing, honestly, I'm not killing myself.

I think its several things working together.

First, I have ALOT of weight to lose, and those of us that are larger tend to lose faster in the beginning.

Second, I've changed lots of food habits. I'm eating cleaner, focusing on quality of foods and of course, logging here. It has been very helpful to learn about calories in/calories out and what foods have what calories. Just being aware of how many calories I can have in a day makes a huge difference. I also have learned to listen to my body and adjust my intake accordingly. I'm always munchie in mid a.m. so I found a breakfast food and amount that works to keep me full till lunch most days. When I find myself still hungry, I will snack on something good for me and reduce my calories later in the day or if I cant, I try to remember, that I need a total calorie deficit of 3500 calories to lose one pound, and look at the big picture....if I have to go over today, I'll go under tomorrow.

You wouldnt believe me if I told you how 'un-strict' I am. I stay good about 90% of the time, but I do allow myself treats. For ex...my son and I had a McD's hot fudge sundae after supper last nite (the night before my super weigh in today :wink: )...now, I knew at that point that I still had 400+ calories that I was under for the day so I let myself have it.

I also drink tons of water, cut out as much caffiene as I can, I only drink one or two diet sodas a week because sometime ya just need something different, but they do mess with your hormones and melt your brain cells so I limit them.

I've found that being kind to myself and not beating myself up for slips has done wonders. I am more tan what weight I weigh...I'm on a journey..one made up of many steps...most forward, some backwards, but a journey none the less. I will reach my goal, I simply will. Thats all.

Love yourself, be kind to yourself and understanding. Face your fears and stare them down. Freedom is there for the taking.
  • harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    WOW amazing work!! Keep up the hard work and you will meet your Christmas goal!!! WTG!!!
  • easy2lov3
    easy2lov3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, i have learned soo much:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!