How bad is it to eat afyer 6-7pm?

2»

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I hope its ok cause I go to bed with Chocolate Milk, Almonds and Crave Double Chocolate cereal every night for my bedtime snack. If it fits in your daily calorie deficit, it's all good............
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    I often eat after 7pm, no big deal - just give your digestion a couple of hours to cope with it before bed.

On NO account however eat after midnight !

Stripe_bobble_head_figure.jpg
    Why not eat after midnight? Hell if its after midnight it goes on to the NEXT days calories!!
    Let me guess... you're under 30. Google "gremlins midnight"

The 80's were a hell of a decade.
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    It makes absolutely no difference when you eat. The human metabolism is not so delicate that not eating breakfast, or eating right before bed, will change anything.
  • tastemyrainbow76
    tastemyrainbow76 Posts: 14 Member
    I always try to eat my dinner before 5pm and go to bed at 8pm I f I get hungry I drink a hot green tea
  • Mitchlou84
    Mitchlou84 Posts: 135
    Can you eat a bit later? I eat dinner no earlier than 7, and often around 8, then I am full up til bed!
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Totally ignore all advice against eating at night. I have snacks every night. I just save calories for them!
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    If you eat little children, its REALLY bad!:bigsmile: Otherwise, eat and enjoy!
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,262 Member
    It makes absolutely no difference when you eat. The human metabolism is not so delicate that not eating breakfast, or eating right before bed, will change anything.

This is true but I've found if you eat too close to sleeping hours you can feel uncomfortable in the abdominal region when you lie down after a heavy meal, or if you've only had a light snack you can still be plagued by the rumblings etc of the digestive process.

If you can drop off regardless then yes, makes no physical difference.
  • BlaireV
    BlaireV Posts: 137
    It doesn't matter what time you eat, whatsoever.