Runners: Suggestions for pants.

Options
I'm looking into shopping for some new running pants, since summer is coming, and I've been using some dance pants for the past few months. While I LOVE those pants, they're flared at the bottom, and the material isn't made to wick, so I end up feeling really constrained and hot as the weather warms. They're really more made for dance practice or yoga, and not so much outdoor running, which is mostly what I do.

Having said this, I hate shorts. I hate loose running shorts or spandex ones, because my thighs always rub together, no matter how thin I get, and the chaffing and riding up drive me bonkers. So no shorts for me.

So I'm in the market for some tights or cropped tights for running, anything that's more stream-ilned, and and doesn't have extra fabric, like flared bottoms. Preferably something easier on my wallet, haha.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I found pants I like at roadrunnersports.com

They are pricey however I have the run/walk/play pant. They are flared at the bottom. I don't mind that... They wick really well. There are tons of pants/capri's/tights on their website.

Good luck!
  • jsenecal12
    Options
    http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pwp,c-1+100701/f-12002+4294967022/ipp-48/pn-1&cp=USNS_KW_0611081618

Nike is a fantastic option for any kind of running gear. Not the cheapest option but you know they'll be the best available and they'll last!
  • gollyitsmolly
    Options
    Sugoi jackie knicker. They look good on everyone and are super comfy! The Nike filament capri is a close second! Couldn't go wrong with either. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I've found some decent capri length and full length tights by Champion at Target. Another favorite pair of capris I got from Kohl's - their Tek Gear brand. Otherwise, I check the racks at Marshall's and JT Maxx for the bigger brand names & hope to find some good ones on clearance.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'm going to have to do some hunting online, and see what comes up there with a few of those options. Someone suggested Old Navy, and I forgot they had sports options. Anyone have any experience with Old Navy pants? ;)
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'm going to have to do some hunting online, and see what comes up there with a few of those options. Someone suggested Old Navy, and I forgot they had sports options. Anyone have any experience with Old Navy pants? ;)

I have a pair of capris from Old Navy and I love them. They cost me $20, fit great and have a small zipper pocket which is really helpful.
  • jenniejoy07
    jenniejoy07 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This. I love Target and Tj and marshalla for workout clothes!
  • shannon_121285
    Options
    I have Old Navy running pants and I love them. They can go in the dryer, which is great for sportswear and they are inexpensive so if you have to buy a new pair you don't have to spend too much money.
  • maggie4097
    maggie4097 Posts: 156
    Options
    I've found some decent capri length and full length tights by Champion at Target. Another favorite pair of capris I got from Kohl's - their Tek Gear brand. Otherwise, I check the racks at Marshall's and JT Maxx for the bigger brand names & hope to find some good ones on clearance.

I agree--I get a lot at Marshall's, or I have a great pair of Champion pants (flared :-/) from Target. My thighs rub also (I think I was born that way), but when it's super hot outside---I wear longer compression shorts (mid thigh) and a longer shirt. I also have compression capris with a zipper in the waisteband (not sure of brand), and I use those for races that I have to drive to. I sweat like crazy, so wicking and non chafing are key! lol Good luck!