What to eat to up intake?

Options
I am getting about 1100-1300 cals a day. MFP says I need to eat at least 1570. When I exercise I need to eat those back which is usually 400-800 depending on workout. Here is what I usually eat...
Breakfast: Protein shake & oatmeal or bagel thing or 2 eggs & turkey bacon or sausage
Lunch: Sandwich & chips or Chicken & veggie
Snack: Fruit
Dinner: Some sort of meat & veggies
Sometimes I have a snack in the evenings if I get time. So what foods can I add in between these meals to get my caloric intake up? Carbs do a number on me so I try to limit them.

HELP!!!!!

Replies

• careyharv
    careyharv Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I would add a snack between breakfast and lunch - something like yogurt or almonds. Or adding a protein shake at that time.
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Don't know what you do for a protien shake so I may be way off. If you use a powder, mix it with milk instead of water, or 2% instead of skim milk. You could also add yogurt and fruit to it. I'd also look at adding another shake during the day. You can also look at higher calorie versions of what you are already eating. Good luck!
  • sweettthings
    sweettthings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Cook with healthy fats, if you aren't already.

I grab a packet of nuts and dried fruit when I'm a little short for the day.
  • Leah_W_2022
    Leah_W_2022 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    BUMP :tongue:
  • BreakingOath
    BreakingOath Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Add a snack between lunch and dinner. I make my own protein bars which are around 230 calories a piece. Or you could buy protein bars. Most of them are in the 200 range.