I've stuck with it for a month!!

Options
I'm super proud of myself! :laugh: I've been doing it for a month and have lost 12 lbs with out working out yet!! Awesome!! :wink:

Replies

• Spruitt57
    Spruitt57 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm super proud of myself! :laugh: I've been doing it for a month and have lost 12 lbs with out working out yet!! Awesome!! :wink:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Awesome, keep up the good work.:flowerforyou:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    That's great, just imagine how quickly it'll come off if you add an exercise or two to the great work you're already doing!!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou: Keep up the good work.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    ditto! I have lost about the same and have not even worked out. With my job, I'm just way too busy right now! I just log all of my calories and drink my water. Hopefully soon, my work schedule will allow me to allow some work out time!
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO!!!!!!!! Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, too (one month). I'm just kicking myself for not finding MFP earlier!
  • Casfaye
    Casfaye Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this site and I was wondering do you just eat what you want as long as it's under your calories or do you eat healthy as well??
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this site and I was wondering do you just eat what you want as long as it's under your calories or do you eat healthy as well??

wow, what made you dredge up this ancient post?

and to answer your question, no, amount of calories is important, but just as important is the type of calories you eat, I.E. protein, good complex carbs, and unsaturated fats (all in the right amounts of course)
  • chillijam1
    chillijam1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    hi ,can i just ask ,ive only just joined yesterday and wondering if it is going to work,so all i do is stick to the calories given on MFP ,and i should loose the weight predicted , even though i dont eat all calories given?
  • skinnymoomoo
    skinnymoomoo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    EDIT: whoops, just realised this is a really old post lol
  • kimberleymoss
    kimberleymoss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I have been using fitness plan for two weeks but lost nothing :( I do lots of walking which boosts up my calorie intake, should I still stick to the 1200 calories tho?
  • MMH86
    MMH86 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    awesome job! keep it up!!
  • leavingfat
    leavingfat Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Great job! (:
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Yehaaa ! Keep going !
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Brilliant!!!

Just think how much more you will lose when you start exercising.

Keep up the great work.

X
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    for the first few months I was able to not exercise, but eventually you will need to start adding it in
  • PrincessLou71186
    Options
    Hi I have been using fitness plan for two weeks but lost nothing :( I do lots of walking which boosts up my calorie intake, should I still stick to the 1200 calories tho?

When you exercise, the calories lost will be taken away from the initial 1200, you need to eat back those calories.

E.G. If you burnt 300 calories, you need to eat those as well as the initial 1200 so you will be eating 1500. Your body will still only be receiving the initial 1200 though.

Basically, burnt calories don't count. They are 'free' so to speak.

Hope that helps without confusing too much.
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! You must be very happy and rightly proud of yourself!

A word of advice, you should try some exercise as eventually you'll find you need to step it up a gear to continue losing as it will slow down. Also you'll probably find that you want to as you get lighter.

Good luck going forward! :)
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Four year old thread FAIL! :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLou71186
    Options
    :laugh: Four year old thread FAIL! :flowerforyou:

I noticed that AFTER my two posts. Lol.