I'm back

Options
I started on here last summer and did really well....lost 9 lbs! I ran approx. 40 to 50 miles a week all fall while training for a full marathon at the end of January followed by a half at the end of February. Since then, I've slacked off on my running and working out at the gym and have regained 5 lbs. :(

I am now running approx. 20 miles per week and am feeling like I have lead legs and seem to always be tired. This seems to happen to me every spring and it carries through to summer....why do I always feel so sluggish in the spring?

Anyways, thought I'd get back on here and try to stop the weight gain before it gets too out of control. I have another full next October and need to stay motivated.

Replies

• markrlindsey
    Options
    I, too, have tried long distance running. But I never quite
    got there.

But seriously: everybody I know who runs regularly eventually has knee problems, or else some other skeletal issue. Do you worry about that?
  • bieque
    bieque Posts: 13
    Options
    skeletal issues are not a result of running....that's actually a myth. I have arthritis in my hips and running has actually helped this situation....gives me better overall leg strength and flexibility. Of course, stretching is really important to the sport and building upper body strength is equally important.

I find it also helps me to reduce my mental stress from being basically a single of mom of 2 young girls, working full time, and dealing with life in general.