L.A. FITNESS SCAM.

Options
13»

Replies

• beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    take to social media! do they have a FB or twitter page?
    i find that that helps. nobody wants their dirty laundry aired.
  • Trad_Barbie
    Trad_Barbie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    So I decided to get a personal trainer at L.A. Fitness. It was kind of expensive so of course I had TONS of questions. He assured me I wasn't under any type of contract, it was month to month so if I decided to go solo I could just cancel it, no repercussions, just cancel. When he asked me to sign I asked to read over it all and he said, "Oh it's just the receipt saying that we can bill your visa card"...So I said okay and signed. I never got measured, weighed, my BF%, never got my "fitness plan", never got my "dietary plan"...NOTHING. So Finally, $250 later I decided to just go cancel it since I can't get them to do anything... When I go to cancel I'm told that I'm under a 12 month contract, and if I want to cancel I have to pay an additional 50% of what I owe.. which is about $700. Also, the four-1 hour sessions I was supposed to get per month is actually only 2-30 minute sessions per month..ALSO, the trainer i was supposed to have, is not my trainer... in fact I have no specific trainer.. ALSO they aren't supposed to give me and dietary advice even though I was told they would. On top of all of that... My initials were FORGED on the CONTRACT that was supposed to be a receipt! I'm livid....and you know what the company said? "We can't help you because you signed the contract...." Who do these people think they are? What a JOKE.

Any advice?

Contact the corporate offices. Bad review and your experience posted on every social media outlet that gym is attached to (facebook, yelp, ect)...
    A year ago I had something gym-related and shady happen, I'm still trying to get it resolved. I'm currently penning the letter to the corporation and pleading my case.