What to do......

Options
I just started a new job last Thurday and have been out of work for about 5 months. I started MFP about three weeks ago, so i can count my calories and lose weight. But by me going to patients homes and taking care of them and then by the i get home i don't feel like exericising. I been going strong since i started MFP, im still eating right but there is no exercising going on can anyone help me out on what to do. ( Yes im a nurse). Help me to keep this weight off. PLEASE.

Replies

• CooCoo
    CooCoo Posts: 14
    Options
    First off.... congratulations on your new job! In your line of work it is so hard to make time for yourself because you are so focused on helping other people. I m not in the medical field, but I do get up at 5am and am out the door by 6..... I work through my lunch and by the time I get home in the evening, I am wiped out and don't feel like excersizing. One DVD that I found that I can usually squeeze in is "Walk Away the Pounds". I do the one mile version which takes about 20 minutes.... It is very low impact which works well for me since I have a bum knee. (Hopefully as I lose the weight the problems with my knee will start to go away.) If you don't have the energy for 20 consecutive minutes, maybe do small changes like park at the other side of the parking lot instead of in a spot close to the door, take the stairs instead of the elevator, or during commercials go up and down the stairs a couple times. You'll be surprised at the end of the day how many times you were able to slip in a little unplanned activity. Good luck on your commitment to your health, you are headed in the right direction!