workout clothes that don't suck

Options

Replies

• rachelgoutos
    Options
    I saw some really cute stuff at old navy last time I went. I was gonna buy them but i usually just go looking all janky in my sweats and baggy shirts. I dont know about comfort, but they were SO cute. And all the commercials say they fit so that stuff doesnt "wiggle" lol

I work out in Old Navy compression pants, sports bra and a tank or t shirt. I just love the old navy pants, cause the material doesn;t pill when my thighs rub together. lol Plus, they are super comfy and cute, and I swear they are slimming. Plus, they have the zipper pouch in the back so you can put a key, fob, etc.
  • andforpoise
    andforpoise Posts: 185
    Options
    I'm addicted to Lululemon! But their stuff is definitely an investment, money wise lol
  • manda1002
    manda1002 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    If I'm just working out at home, I wear spandex shorts and a sports bra. If I'm going to the track, I throw some shorts and a tank on top, so as to not blind anyone :P
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Nike's dri-fit stuff. They usually have a good sale going on online.
  • Rover234
    Rover234 Posts: 17
    Options
    Lululemon is amazing, cute and very comfy! I love the ta ta tamer bras there as well.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I like Fila from Kohl's. Kohl's has a one day sale just about every other day, so I wait until they go on sale. TJ Max has some nice affordable workout clothes but it is a hit or miss.

Nike and adidas outlets are also good for a nice outfit at affordable prices.

If you come into a rich inheritance than I recommend Lucy and Luluman.{sp?} .
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    That made me LOL.....
  • red1123
    red1123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love cute workout clothes! I find them really motivating, but I refuse to pay Lulu prices for them. Target C9 sports bras are my favorite. They hold things in, wash well, come in a bunch of cute colors, and are pretty cheap. I went into Old Navy for the first time in ages recently and was really impressed with their new activewear line; for better or worse they're knocking off Lululemon at about 1/5th the price. I'm currently on the hunt for new yoga pants - I bought a pair of the new premium ones at Target (around $40) and the old style cotton ones ($20). I'm still not sure which I like best - I'm not sure the compression ones are better enough to justify being double the price. I've also found really cute stuff from the GapFit line and Gap is always having sales. I do love the stuff at Lucy, but it's almost always out of my budget. I occasionally find cute things there on clearance, and once my Nordstrom Rack had tons of Lucy stuff (all of it in extremely small or large sizes, sadly).
  • cmaxmor
    Options
    I like Fila from Kohl's. Kohl's has a one day sale just about every other day, so I wait until they go on sale. TJ Max has some nice affordable workout clothes but it is a hit or miss.

Nike and adidas outlets are also good for a nice outfit at affordable prices.

If you come into a rich inheritance than I recommend Lucy and Luluman.{sp?} .
    We have a ginormous outlet mall near here, but the lady stuff isn't very fun. I WISH I had the $$ to buy those others! I'll check out Ross. I always forget about them.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Target clarance rack. Gotta love their Champion line of sports bras and clothes!
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i went with kohls...lots of sales and i get 30% off coupons sometimes. i like cheap and the pants are oh so comfy! im going ot have to go back and get another pair! lol
  • Kittie_Kat
    Kittie_Kat Posts: 101
    Options
    I just got pants and a shirt from Kohls, the brand name of Tek Gear. Super cute tanks! Comfortable capris and other things as well!
  • cmaxmor
    Options
    Wow, y'all! Thanks!
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm cheap so I went with these really awesome looser fitting (almost like yoga pants) danskin pants from walmart for 14 bucks. I also have an old pair of yoga pants and capri workout pants. I wear old tshirts and sports bras....I'm not too picky about what I'm going to get all sweaty in though. lol
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I find lots of cute stuff at stores like TJMaxx and Marshall's. My favorite thing to work out in is a sports bra with a flimsy loose racer backed tank top and workout capri length pants. They have a number of these tanks at Old Navy right now. Some in the workout clothes section, some more just casual wear.
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    im a fan of under armor and lulu lemon. i buy my shorts form UU and i like Lulu's crops and pants.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I second lululemon, and add lucy!

I love them both, but lucy tends to be a little more affordable. All of my stuff is from these two places.
  • raybanfan11
    Options
    Go to Ross (dress for less) and it's literal. All of the clothes will eventually get worn out if you use it often, so grab a few. Why will you get something for $20 if you can get the exact same brand for $5. Grab 4 of the same work out clothes-- in different colors if you like. not only is it cheaper, but it will last longer because you don't wear the same work out clothes all the time.
  • carlyholly
    Options
    Lululemon lululemon lululemon.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Kohls, Nike, Amazon, Target :)