Shake weight

Options
The shake weight is an exercise to workout your arms and such as a lot of you probably know.
There's no option to put in shake weight for exercise & Idk how much calories it burns..
Input? Suggestions? Comments please?:ohwell:

Replies

• FromFat2Fab
    FromFat2Fab Posts: 101
    Options
    The shake weight is an exercise to workout your arms and such as a lot of you probably know.
    There's no option to put in shake weight for exercise & Idk how much calories it burns..

I have this App on My Phone and it tell me how many calories i burned by my weight and how long i did it

http://www.appbrain.com/app/calories-burned-calculator/com.calories.burned.calculator
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    If you look up sexual activity calories burned on Google, some have "solo" as an option. That seems like an equivalent.
  • FitinFiveMonths
    Options
    If you look up sexual activity calories burned on Google, some have "solo" as an option. That seems like an equivalent.

LOL
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's meant to be used as a real exercise device. More like a novelty to play with at parties.
  • cherryObebe
    cherryObebe Posts: 189
    Options

Hahahaaaaa! Hilarious, but oddly, it seems logical! :laugh:
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Tough to say without video.
  • BSummers321
    BSummers321 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I can't even think about the shake weight without thinking about that South Park episode.
  • LPS1986
    LPS1986 Posts: 104
    Options

Seriously, a lot of people are going to say some rude things in response to this post. The reason for that being those weights do not have any true value in strength or cardio training. Your best bet is to enjoy the shake weight for what it is worth. Light weights, high reps...

...that said, what ever minimal calories you burn by using it should be considered bonus. Unfortunately, you should really train with high weights. Check out New Rules of Lifting for Women or Stronglifts. If you google it, you'll get the gold. Also, try to run outdoors (if you can't afford a gym), use a heart rate monitor and eat at a .5 pound loss to benefit. I know this is probably more than you asked for...
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options

I laughed so hard at this. I love you.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I was born with my own shakeweight. I use it daily but never log the calories burned as I'm sure its minimal.
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I was born with my own shakeweight. I use it daily but never log the calories burned as I'm sure its minimal.

That was approximately 10x better!!
  • LPS1986
    LPS1986 Posts: 104
    Options

Actually, this is gold. Forget what I said...
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I saw that commercial and couldn't even take it seriously. I still think the things are a joke and complete waste of money.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I stopped using it when my eyesight began to fail. Ends up... Mom was right!
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I shake my cats violently, how do I log those calories?
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    We all started somewhere. When I first started exercising after a lifetime of gluttony and hedonism, I too thought the shake weight was legit. It didn't take me very long though to realize I was wrong. Listen to the serious replies. The shake weight is a waste of time. But I'm sure if you google it, you'll find something which will tell you how much you've burned. If any.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I saw that commercial and couldn't even take it seriously. I still think the things are a joke and complete waste of money.

This, I can't stop laughing every time I see a commercial, or see it in the store.
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options

LMAO
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's meant to be used as a real exercise device. More like a novelty to play with at parties.
    It should make an appearance at my parties...