I used up all my fat allowance for today and i didn't have d

Options
I used up all my fat allowance for today, i don't even know it happened so fast,but now what should I have for dinner, I still have protein, carbs and sodium within normal range but anything that i tried to enter has fat like fish or chicken, what should i have for dinner any suggestions?

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    don't make yourself crazy

go over your fat with a 98% fat free ground turkey burger

decide to plan your whole day's food ahead of time from now on so you can change your breakfast and lunch if you need to
  • TheJackyl
    TheJackyl Posts: 88
    Options
    Tuna has almost no fat. Wrap some bread around it and you have pretty much just carbs, protein and sodium.
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    When you add your exercise to your diary it gives you more fat. You could go have a nice brisk walk or hit the gym before dinner.
    I got an extra 16g for my workout this morning.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    likewise chicken breast has almost no fat either (basically 1g unsaturated, which is nill). Have that with some mashed cauliflower (mixed with garlic powder, fat free feta cheese, skim milk), and a sweet potato (don't eat the skin), and you have a great meal, with about 1.5 grams of fat total and ALL of it unsaturated fat, which is the good kind! Plus you get plenty of great vitamins and minerals, all the protein you would need, and a healthy amount of good complex carbs.
  • monteig
    monteig Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I would probably just have a nice big salad and add chick peas (garbanzo) or other beans to get some protein in there too.
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    likewise chicken breast has almost no fat either (basically 1g unsaturated, which is nill). Have that with some mashed cauliflower (mixed with garlic powder, fat free feta cheese, skim milk), and a sweet potato (don't eat the skin), and you have a great meal, with about 1.5 grams of fat total and ALL of it unsaturated fat, which is the good kind! Plus you get plenty of great vitamins and minerals, all the protein you would need, and a healthy amount of good complex carbs.

That sounds so amazingly yummy!! :smile:
  • bagaydina
    bagaydina Posts: 46
    Options
    Thanks to all I'll make something for myself out of all this suggestions
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

it really is. And You know what? I haven't had mashed potato in like 6 months and I don't miss it a bit because the mashed cauliflower is so good! :happy:
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options

it really is. And You know what? I haven't had mashed potato in like 6 months and I don't miss it a bit because the mashed cauliflower is so good! :happy:

Mashed potatoes are my favorite food, and I've pretty much had to abondon them to lose weight. I'm excited to try this as an alternative.