I have lost my will power

Options
Hello! I joined MFP two years ago. I started out really well. I had control over what I ate and walked at least 2 hours a day. I lost 22 pounds. Now since I have moved. I dont have anywhere to walk and can not afford a gym. I havent been controlling what I eat anymore. I have gained back every pound I lost. I am 5"2" and weigh 154 and It sucks. I was down to 135 and gained it all back. Its been really stressful because I want to walk but havent found a safe place to walk at any more. I have found a place to walk in the mornings during the week when I work. I can walk for at least a hour before I start work. I just have not done it.But on the weekends I have no where right now. But my problem is motivation right now. I hate that I gained all my weight back. Any suggestions or words of encouragement that can help me.

Replies

• JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're struggling like that. I've been there. Several years ago I lost 75 pounds, then gained it all back plus 25 more pounds. Been a long road, but I managed to lose it all again.

Getting motivated again is so hard...took me a long time. Don't think of how much want/have to lose. Think of a smaller goal - like maybe 5 pounds. Get there first, then keep going to the next 5 pounds.

If I can do it, you can do it, just gotta put that first foot forward. Feel free to send me a friend request, too :)
  • jrodx2
    jrodx2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options

Getting motivated again is so hard...took me a long time. Don't think of how much want/have to lose. Think of a smaller goal - like maybe 5 pounds. Get there first, then keep going to the next 5 pounds.

Great advice. Start with smaller goals and then work you way to each goal, one at a time. Sometimes people get so focused on the total number that it can seem overwhelming. At the beginning you may just have to force yourself to do it until you get back into the swing again. It does take dedication but just try and remember how great you felt when you lost it the first time. You did it once, that means it's possible! We're all here for support and believe you can do this!

--
    Follow my FB Fitness Page!
    Be stronger than your excuses: Recipes and inspiration for a healthier life
    www.facebook.com/excusesareeasy
  • VAgal123
    VAgal123 Posts: 35
    Options
    Small goals are key. My cable line up has a couple of free fitness channels so I try to find workouts that interest me and either dvr them or look for when I'm home. Zumba is a great workout and fun! The added entertainment value for my family is priceless. Don't give up..you did it once and you can do it again.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I think it's all about logging. I don't think you can ever stop. It's too easy to say the heck with it.
  • kealey1318
    kealey1318 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm sorry to hear about your struggle, but I think you can oversome this! I believe there's a trainer out there called Leslie Sansone who does these Walking at Home DVD's, where you don't have to leave the privacy of your own home and there are different 'distances'... Amazon sells them and they aren't expensive... You could probably check with your library and see if they have any. Mine does and then you can see if you like them first!

Best of luck!
  • milove1029
    milove1029 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have always been up and down on the scale but seem like after I hit 50 I slowly crept up and up! This is the first time in 5 yrs that I have actually lost weight and mostly from counting calories!!! How can I motivate you??? Just hang in there and set smaller goals!!!