P90X or ChaLean Extreme

Options
fitzfour
fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
Ok all you fellow MFP'ers, I need your input! I'm currently rotating between Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam and throwing in Jari Love's strength training into the mix too, but feel like I need to follow more of a program like P90X or ChaLean Extreme. Which one do you all prefer that have seen both and which requires less equipment? Are they similar, or not at all? I really like Chalene as an instructor, I've never seen any of Tony Horton's work. Let me know your thoughts. Oh, if it helps, I would consider myself to be at an intermediate level as far as cardio and strength. I'm looking to lose maybe 10 pounds, mostly to tone/firm up.

Thanks!

Replies

• Shrimpton
    Shrimpton Posts: 11
    Options
    I have been using ChaLean Extreme since January and I really love it. It can be done with either free weights or bands the work outs are fairly short about 35 minutes on average. I honestly don't know much about P90X, but I do know the workouts are 50 min or more. I also don't know about equipment for that program.
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I have been using ChaLean Extreme since January and I really love it. It can be done with either free weights or bands the work outs are fairly short about 35 minutes on average. I honestly don't know much about P90X, but I do know the workouts are 50 min or more. I also don't know about equipment for that program.

Thanks! I have read a few reviews about ChaLean Extreme the people have noticed their legs getting bulky from the lower body work...that would be my only concern that I've heard. I already have quite a bit of muscle in my legs, so definitely don't want to build that any further.
  • Shrimpton
    Shrimpton Posts: 11
    Options
    My legs are definately my strong point. I'm 50lbs over my goal weight so I'm lifting quite a bit with my lower half and I am NOT bulky. My legs are lean. Sometimes if I do alot of aerobics or something with lower body I will skip some of the leg reps.:tongue: I think alot of it has to do with genetics too.
  • ltompk1009
    ltompk1009 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been doing P90X for 2 years now. I absolutely love it! If you are an intermediate when it comes to fitness, you would be a great candidate for it. The workouts are about 1 hr long and then you do an abs routine that is 16 minutes. The yoga is 1.5 hrs and it is tough! This program is no joke. If you truly want to get into great shape and not necessarily just loose a few pounds, you can't go wrong with P90X. I have not done CE but I understand it is a great toning workout. I am a P90X die-hard. I'm not sure anything could top it. That is just my 2 cents.

Liz
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    I've done both and love both!
    I agree with the genetics coment!
    My legs are genetically pre-disposed to having lots of muslce... therefor no matter the workout (minus yoga and pilates) they get thick. Which I don't mind.
    If I want to slim them down I add in more yoga and pilates. :flowerforyou:
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    I have been doing P90X for 2 years now. I absolutely love it! If you are an intermediate when it comes to fitness, you would be a great candidate for it. The workouts are about 1 hr long and then you do an abs routine that is 16 minutes. The yoga is 1.5 hrs and it is tough! This program is no joke. If you truly want to get into great shape and not necessarily just loose a few pounds, you can't go wrong with P90X. I have not done CE but I understand it is a great toning workout. I am a P90X die-hard. I'm not sure anything could top it. That is just my 2 cents.

Liz

I feel the same way. I'm on my 4th round of P90X and can't get enough. I :heart: Tony Horton! :happy: