dental work done today and i'm STARVING

Options
for the last 3 days waiting to have the dental work done, i ate yogurt, chicken noodle soup with mushy crackers in it and ice cream

now the work is done, freezing is wearing off,,, what can i eat??? i'm starving but still can't move my jaw!!

any creative and low fat (nomore ice cream)... ideas?????

Replies

• porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    What procedure did you have done?
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i broke a tooth last week eating almonds and strawberries.. HEALTHY!!

so it cost me $400.00 cash today to get the broken tooth fixed and he filled another cavity while he was in there..

not sure what broken tooth looks like now, cant' open my mouth wide enough yet to see inside!!!lol
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I had some oral surgery last month & I existed on pasta, yogurt, cottage cheese, smoothies & baked potatoes (after it was a little better.)
    I never realized how many things I love to eat are crunchy!
    Good luck. I feel for you!:flowerforyou:
  • porka29
    Options
    Yeah, sounds like you got a crown on that broken tooth, I would suggest not eating on that side today but otherwise you should be okay. The dentist would've advised certain restrictions if you were to eat aything special. I will say no starburst, gum or crunchy stuff like georg mentioned.

I got my braces in my late 20's, right before Thanksgiving............I had alot of pain - so that was probably the lightest, perhaps not healthiest holiday I had - I subsided on mashed potatoes and beer!:bigsmile:
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    V8 juice. I drank 12 oz twice a day when I had my braces put on. It's surprisingly filling and a good addition to your other mush foods until you heal.
  • porka29
    Options
    V8 juice. I drank 12 oz twice a day when I had my braces put on. It's surprisingly filling and a good addition to your other mush foods until you heal.

Girl, it was a great memory for me, as I am definitely no longer in my late 20's - to the tune of late 30's now - where were you when I needed you? :laugh:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Yeah, sounds like you got a crown on that broken tooth, I would suggest not eating on that side today but otherwise you should be okay. The dentist would've advised certain restrictions if you were to eat aything special. I will say no starburst, gum or crunchy stuff like georg mentioned.

I got my braces in my late 20's, right before Thanksgiving............I had alot of pain - so that was probably the lightest, perhaps not healthiest holiday I had - I subsided on mashed potatoes and beer!:bigsmile:

BwaaaHaaaaHaaaa.... We had our oldests braces put on in October.... Poor kid, it decimated his candy bag when we pulled out all the "uneatables"

And the next oldests were put on before Christmas...

It wasn't as if we scheduled like that on purpose, but it is funny when you mentioned it....
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Dang double post,...
  • abr25
    abr25 Posts: 179
    Options
    I just recently have been getting over strep throat and tonsillitis, and I was basically on a "mushy food diet for like 2 weeks so I feel your pain!!

Favorites of mine were:

*unsweetened applesauce w/a little cinnamon
    *sugar free jello
    *soft cooked pasta (plain or with a light not spicy sauce)
    *dannon light and fit yogurts
    *smoothies!!!!! (blend together fruit like banannas, strawberries, blueberries, with some ice and maybe some yogurt or frozen yogurt yummmm)
    *look at hungry girl recepies for different soup recipies, i know your tired of soup prolly but some of them are really yummy
    *ensure
    *OH and healthy mashed potatoes (without all the butter and cream and stuff just mash up potatoes, use a skim milk and choose healthy toppings!
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    thanks for the ideas everybody... last night hubbie brought home pizza for a surprise... he walked in and said "oh.. i suppose you can't eat this"....

i did though, i chopped it up into tiny tiny pieces and sucked the s**t out if it...

it was gross to watch me eat but delicious!!!lol
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I had my wisdom teeth cut out about 2 weeks ago, I was living on pudding, applesauce, gatorade, mashed potatoes, soup, ice cream

It was great when I could finally eat real food, until I got food stuck! :grumble: haha

Will be getting braces soon, guess I have another go around with eating soft foods haha