Other mommas trying to shed baby weight?

Options

Replies

• mrsholloman12
    Options
    Hi, I'm 23 mom of one baby girl who is now 2 and 1/2 months old. Trying to lose 10/15 pounds I gained 45 pounds while pregnant lost 38 3 weeks after she was born! I'm currently at 130 and trying to get back to 115 (what I weighed in high school). Feel free to add me if you'd like :) I'm very supportive and friendly!
  • jgrodzicki
    Options
    Right there with you! I just had my first, but he is now 7 months old... and I've STILL got 20 lbs. to drop. It's not all baby weight, I had gained about 15 lbs after I got married, and then I got pregnant - so I really only have about 5 lbs. of baby weight to lose and then another 15 on top of that ;) Best of luck to you - getting the motivation to do anything is the hardest part for me. No time and no energy :-\
  • alexiaschulz
    alexiaschulz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yes, mine is 3 at this point. I had a smallish pregnancy, but lost almost none of it in the first year after the baby came, maybe 8 lbs of the 30. Then my life got tougher when my partner left and I basically started gaining slowly again. I joined MFP when I hit my top pregnancy weight, with no baby on board. In general my son and I are reasonably active, but my eating habits never went back to normal after I had the baby, and neither (apparently) did my metabolism, so I am working on eating healthy food but (much!!) smaller portions. I've lost about 5 lbs now, and am feeling less bloaty and somehwat happier, so this is the right path for me. Feel free to add me if you like, I only have a couple of mfp friends right now.
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I am in my early 30's, I have 2 kids, I've now successfully lost my baby weight, but still have a bit to go to get where I want. Add me if you are still looking. :)
  • bozya12
    bozya12 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 35 yo. Have a 9 mo. old son, back to my pre- pregnancy weight but want to get into a better shape and definately tone up. Must lose at least 30 lbs.
  • tashaniq
    tashaniq Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, my son just turned 9 months. I lost all of my baby weight about 2 weeks after I had him but my problem is the weight that I had before I got pregnant with him lol. A year before I got pregnant with my son I was pregnant and miscarried and gained weight rapidly with that baby. I am 5'2 and a half and I am trying to lose about 23lbs from my previous pregnancy. This is my 2nd week consistently and I feel great. #wecandoit!
  • JenW0217
    JenW0217 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yep, I"m still trying to shed a lot of baby weight... my oldest is 8 and my youngest will be 3 next month. I put on 64lbs with my 1st and lost some but never got back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I was over 200 when I got pregnant w/ my 2nd and my doctor did not want me to gain a lot of weight... I gained an addtional 22lbs. I started this journey heavier then I was when I had my youngest and I have a long way to go till I get back to my pre-pregnancy weight!! You can add me if you like.
  • tashaniq
    tashaniq Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you my son is 9 months.
  • timanda2
    timanda2 Posts: 149
    Options
    I will be there soon. I'm due July 5th with my third. I've gained a ton of weight this pregnancy. I hope it comes off! Feel free to add me.
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Yep! I have a 9, 7, and 15 month old. I started progressively heavier with each pregnancy. Now it's time to get rid of it all! ;-)
  • Lmdaniels
    Lmdaniels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 and have 2 kids (11 & 12). I've got about 20lbs left. Does that count?
  • Misery03
    Misery03 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    21, with a 3 year old! used to be 225, dropped to 149 and now im the closest to my goal to 120!! feel free to add me! could use motivation and support as well!
  • little_people
    Options
    Hi! Yes, I'm working on the last couple pounds of baby weight! I miss my old body and despite having a 19 month old I haven't gotten it all off. Feel free to friend me, I'm new and looking for motivation and support!
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    My daughter is just 6 weeks. :)
    Put on 50lbs. so yeah.... need to lose that.
    Feel free to add me!
  • slynn28
    slynn28 Posts: 93
    Options
    i was 123 before i got pregnant with my 4th child..when i gave birth..i stayed at 129.. i have lost all my weight plus more.. im now 114! now trying to tone =)
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Yes! I had a C-section January 4th! I gained 60ish pounds and have probably 5-8 to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but need to add probably 5-10 in muscle to get my pre-pregnancy shape back (if that is even possible)!!
  • slynn28
    slynn28 Posts: 93
    Options
    heres my pic.. even though i hate my stretch marks.. im glad i didnt get any new ones at all...and they're not as bad after having four kids.

540726_395852480444250_100000585036278_1403992_652202828_n.jpg
  • laurasurga
    laurasurga Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I put on close to 70lb with my pregnancy! About 50% of my body weight! Lol! He's one now and I've lost it all and a little bit more. I'm now just wanting to lose another 10lb to get smack bamg in thr middle of the healthy bmi. I lost two stone without trying in the first 8 weeks then got stuck. I stayed the same for 6 months then went for hypnotherapy. I know it's cheating a bit but it's worked and since November 2011 I've lost 34lb. I've lost 22 since using mfp. I still find it hard at times but if I want chocolate, I'll have some. Just not a family size bar like I used to! All in moderation. Anyone's free to add me! :)
  • bozya12
    bozya12 Posts: 2
    Options
    I lost my baby weight right after the birth two within two mo. dropped 28 lbs. Now just trying to get in shape. After the baby things have been hectic, joined yesterday and already dropped 2.5 lbs just because counting calories on the mfp.
    Love this app.