Sodium Question

Options
Is the sodium level MFP assigns to you accurate (mine is 2500)? And how do you know what your intake should be? I've been noticing that my sodium intake really effects my weight the next day. But I've never really paid attention to it until now. I think that I might need to keep an eye on it a little better.

Replies

• amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I don't know for sure, but I believe it is accurate. Mine is the same as yours, and I've had a steady weight loss each day (yes, I know you're not supposed to weigh in every day, but I can't help it! :frown: ) while staying within my sodium level. Yesterday my intake was about 1200 over, and I gained a bit of weight. The good news, from what I've been seeing on different threads, is that this gain is probably due to water retention. Keeping the sodium intake down and drinking lots of water should take care of this.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    The sodium suggestion is accurate but I try to keep mine a lot lower.

I watch my food diary to see what the big sodium offenders are and either stop eating them or cut down on the amount.

If you notice a problem with sodium, then cut down.

If your doctor recommends cutting down, then cut down.

Otherwise, don't worry about it. :bigsmile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    yep, it's correct. 2500 is like... the all time highest that anyone should have per day.