ladies, question. seriously guys..i wouldnt read.

Options
Okay, so before you say "call my doctor"...i did. & hes out of the office until the 28th (which is tomorrow)..i'm basically just asking to see if anyone had any kind of similar experience or advice.

I started taking the pill on Sunday the 4th. Started my TOM on the 3rd...Ive been on it ever since...almost 4 weeks. Im literally miserable. Just so annoyed. Mostly because i want to have sex...but thats a different topic. lmao.

Have any of you ladies had this happen after starting the pill? Or am i just weird?:huh:

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    is this a new BCP?

When I start a new pill or start taking it after not taking it for a while, I'll have "break through" bleeding which isn't a real period from what I'm told. It'll last several weeks.
    It sucks!
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    *Not a doctor.... but doesn't sound right. You should only have it when you are on the sugar pills. I don't remember this happening to me when I first started the pill...but then again that was like 6 years ago.

Hopefully you will get it straightened out when your doc returns!:flowerforyou:
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    It takes a couple cycles for your body to get adjusted. I'm on my second round of Depo, and I'm spotting pretty regularly. Sure, it's totally annoying and I've brought it up with my doctor - I've got two choices: switch b.c's or wait it out a few more rounds and see if it changes. I'm waiting it out.

We have a call centre called TeleHealth here, you should Google and see if there's one where you are. They're all registered nurses waiting to answer your questions.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Stop taking it?

This happened to my friend, she was bleeding for about a month, then she found out she was pregnant. I don't think she was on the pill though.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    When I had my implant put in, I didn't have a period the first month, but then had 6 weeks straight the following month (and a half!). Depending on the type of birth control you are using, it can be perfectly normal for it to happen. You are thinning out the lining of your uterus so it's harder for a fertilized egg to implant. If you've had a lot of lining build up, it will take a while for it all to break down and flow out. I hope it hasn't been horribly heavy all this time! That's miserable!

Hope your doctor has an answer for you!
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    I've been on this pill before, i havent been on it for a while though, this is the first time starting it up after i had my daughter, so its possible maybe its because of my pregnancy, but i just wasnt sure.
    Stop taking it?

This happened to my friend, she was bleeding for about a month, then she found out she was pregnant. I don't think she was on the pill though.

Well thats the thing, when i spoke with the nurses @ my dr's office they advised me to stay on it until he returned & examined me.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I've never had that happen. But everyone is different.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Two things

1) follow medical advice

2) have sex anyway!
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Two things

1) follow medical advice

2) have sex anyway!

amen to both!
  • Monkee8088
    Monkee8088 Posts: 143
    Options
    ive heard of it before, i think its just your body getting used to the hormones. if you are planning on staying on the pill, i would keep taking them until you can talk to your doc, he/she may put you on a different one with another dosage or hormone in it.
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I haven't taken birth control for years, since I found out more about how it works, but back in the day when I did take it this did not happen. And like someone up above said, whenever I have gotten pregnant I've had bleeding for much of the first trimester. Not trying to freak you out of course.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    Well thats the thing, when i spoke with the nurses @ my dr's office they advised me to stay on it until he returned & examined me.
    Well then do that.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Is this a new birth control pill??

I had a similar problem except I would stop and start after a few days. Come to find out, my BC didn't have enough hormones in it for my body. I was on Lo Loestrigen then had to be switched to Ortho tri cyclin lo. You sound like you have a similar problem to mine. Please be careful, if you have been bleeding for 4 weeks - you will become anemic and quick. My mom had a time where she bleed for 7 weeks and almost landed in the hospital. I would start taking iron pills now to help (I am not a doctor, just giving my experience/advice).
  • bunnyboo24
    bunnyboo24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I work at a family planning clinic in our local health department....This happens a lot with our patients. We usually tell them to try and stick it out for a couple of months. Your body has to get used to the hormones and everyone's body is different and reacts a different way with each type of pill. You could see if they will switch it to another brand of pill too and see if that helps. Sometimes people start the pill and their period stops completely too. Then they freak out and call us wanting to switch to another pill because they want their period. Have you by any chance missed a pill? That can happen when a pill is missed too.....Or if you don't take your pill at the same time every day. Anyway, I'm not a doctor of course but just giving advice based on my experience. I would def. talk to your doc tomorrow.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Two things

1) follow medical advice

2) have sex anyway!

I would totally agree with having sex anyway - that is what a shower is for.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Don't HAVE SEX and expect it to prevent your from getting pregnant.
    The pill is quite obviously not working for you properly....so if you do need to get er' done, make sure you use condoms etc.

Never had this problem, but I would stop taking it until I saw my doctor...because I have been on things before and they always say that if the side affects aren't right stop taking it.
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Two things

1) follow medical advice

2) have sex anyway!

^^^This!! And take iron!! Your body is loosing a lot of blood and you could easily become anemic
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Two things

1) follow medical advice

2) have sex anyway!

I have never had a lover in my life, male or female, who would say no to sex when it was a little messier than usual. sex is sex, right?
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Two things

1) follow medical advice

2) have sex anyway!

Exactly. No need not to, as long as your man's okay with it.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    If it's not too heavy you can use a cup and it's less messy.