it works body wrap

Options
ok my friend is going to go spwnd money on this wrap has anyone ever tried it ? di it work??? i so so not want her to down spiral again if this fails...

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I used to know many people (my mom included) that did it. To each their own but in MY opinion all it does is suck the water out of you... which is great if you want to be 'skinnier' for a couple days. :flowerforyou:
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    If there were such thing as a quick fix, nobody would be overweight. If you sweat enough doing any activity or wearing any garment, you'll lose water weight. You'll also gain it right back. You will, however, permanently lighten your wallet :wink:

Think about it logically...do you really think any sort of wrap is going to make someone lose weight that will stay off?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    All I know is that every post I've seen about this is either someone asking if it works, or someone selling it. No one recommending it from personal experience.
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I tried it twice. Sure I lost a few inches all over. BUt it was nothing permanent. My sister wasted a lot more money on it and went for a few weeks. and after she stopped a few weeks was back to same measurements. IT's a nice relaxation but for weight loss it's a joke..
  • SparklesPlenty
    SparklesPlenty Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have done it and am going to do it again. I don't use it for weight loss though. I use it to get rid of excess bloat. Plus it is soothing and fun. I wouldn't recommend it to someone expecting it to shrink their body or make them lose actual weight.
  • hebbsgrrl
    hebbsgrrl Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have done it and am going to do it again. I don't use it for weight loss though. I use it to get rid of excess bloat. Plus it is soothing and fun. I wouldn't recommend it to someone expecting it to shrink their body or make them lose actual weight.

theres a woman here in nova scotia selling them and my friend needs to lose like 130 lbs to be where sh wants to be and this ldy has her sucked in and im afraid she will go back into her depression mode if it does not show results its a money trap in my eyes i went through lots of money for weight loss then came to my senses ...i use my sauna belt it does not lose inches but it is soothing
  • hebbsgrrl
    Options
    If there were such thing as a quick fix, nobody would be overweight. If you sweat enough doing any activity or wearing any garment, you'll lose water weight. You'll also gain it right back. You will, however, permanently lighten your wallet :wink:

Think about it logically...do you really think any sort of wrap is going to make someone lose weight that will stay off?

i agree if it really worked in the long run there would not be no over weigh people just saying .....i rather have a heavy wallet ....:)
  • bluberrygoo
    bluberrygoo Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've done it twice, they don't work. I've noticed just binding my stomach with a waist cincher or ace bandages does more and has help my pp tummy shrink back and it cost a lot less.
  • hebbsgrrl
    Options
    I've done it twice, they don't work. I've noticed just binding my stomach with a waist cincher or ace bandages does more and has help my pp tummy shrink back and it cost a lot less.

ive tried telling her not to waste her money
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Does it work for fat loss? No
    Does it work for water weight/loss? Sure.
  • donna_marcotte
    Options
    These are not water loss wraps. They draw out the toxins in your body, and inch loss is just one of the side effects.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    These are not water loss wraps. They draw out the toxins in your body, and inch loss is just one of the side effects.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thanks I needed that.

Brilliant 1st post, do you sell them?
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options

Ya know, I really wish the ER docs knew about this. Antivenom is crazy expensive!
  • princessallison
    Options
    what are they called? Id want to try it
  • kissesfromkrista
    Options
    It's not meant for weight loss
  • kissesfromkrista
    Options
    The difference between these wraps and other body wraps on the market is that it is not water loss. Instead it is a detox formula that actually pulls toxins from the fat cells in the specific area you apply it to. In turn, it shrinks those fat cells and results in inch loss. They even offer a neck and chin wrap that improves skin slackening. With it being a detox it is also great for drinkers and smokers and for some that can be a dream come true
  • ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    The difference between these wraps and other body wraps on the market is that it is not water loss. Instead it is a detox formula that actually pulls toxins from the fat cells in the specific area you apply it to. In turn, it shrinks those fat cells and results in inch loss. They even offer a neck and chin wrap that improves skin slackening. With it being a detox it is also great for drinkers and smokers and for some that can be a dream come true

Evidence? Other than anecdotal please...
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I didn't use these types of wraps, but did similar things the night before weigh-ins for wrestling in high school. Like others have said, it does nothing for your overall health or fat loss. Just drops a bunch of extra water weight temporarily.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Please see thread on similar topic for my opinion, if you want it. That thread can be found: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/474856--it-works-body-wraps
  • kissesfromkrista
    Options
    How do I post a picture?