Cardio Advice?

Options
Okay... so here's the deal.... I had to cancel my gym membership for financial reasons. I live in a neighborhood that really isn't that safe. And I live by myself in a teeny tiny apartment with paper thin walls and shaky floors... so when I jump around while following most types of cardio DVDs (the ones that include jumping and dancing and bouncing around) the walls shake and my neighbors start to curse my existence.

How can I get in some decent cardio everyday??? Any suggestions?

Replies

• 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    drive to a park or lake in a safer area and walk or jog there. Or try and find a couple of friends who are willing to walk around your area with you so you aren't alone. Biking is awesome work out so now that the weather's getting better that's a good option as well. Jump roping is awesome, but I know you said you can't really jump inside ... hmm ... hope you're able to find something that works for you!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Taebo? Besides the park some churches have gyms and walking tracks. Some churches also have aerobics classes but it may not be at a time that is good for you. Also using area school tracks to run or job may be an option.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    awesome job by the way losing 15 pounds!
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    awesome job by the way losing 15 pounds!

Thanks :bigsmile: I fully attribute it to MFP and the wonderful logging system on here.
    Thanks for the suggestions!
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Invite a friend or two (maybe even form a group!) and walk/jog in the park around a local school track or go to the mall and walk...

If your apartment building is high enough, bring a friend and run up the stair wells??? If it's not tall enough, know anyone who lives in a skyrise?

Bike?

I think there's lots that could be done outdoors or indoors somewhere publicly...try seeing if the local rec center has any programs that are more budget friendly...if it doesn't seem as safe to go by yourself, bring a friend along!

Hope that helps!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Power Yoga could work on days you just can't get out. Rodney Yee's stuff are really great.