Texas Road House

Options
Anyone have any thoughts as to what I should have at Texas Road House tonight? Their website says they do not provide nutrition information! :explode: (Which by the way, I think every restaurant should be mandated to do!). Also, thoughts on how to enter whatever I end up with??? :flowerforyou:

Had my best workout in a LONG time today, and don't want to blow it!

Replies

• red_july
    red_july Posts: 13
    Options
    They have bbq chicken and I bet they would serve the sauce on the side. Also, if you want a steak, the 8 oz. fillet is great to cut in half. you can get a sweet potato on the side and a salad to start. yummy, and lunch for tomorrow
    Also, I have been known to just order the sweet potato, they're huge!
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    glad you had a great work out today. Try and pick a lean cut of meat if you are going to have red meat. . The more fat on it the more cals you will have. Also have a large salad before your meal and also ask the watriess to bring a to go box when she brings you your meal. Put half of your meal in the to go box, this way you won't be tempted to eat everything that is on your plate.
    You could try the following Sirloin Kabob, Oven Roasted Chicken, Grilled Pork Chops(with sauce on the side), Grilled Salmon. hope this helps and have a great time
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous!! All my Road House restaurants in South Florida closed:explode: :mad:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    You could compare to outback too - but a lot of roadhouse info is in the database on here. Another calorie saver would be to skip the bread (and butter). I just googled texas roadhouse calories and come up with a lot on Daily Plate. Getting the steamed veggies would help too.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Go to the dailyplate.com you can find the nutrition info on the items from the menu, just type them in. My favorite place to eat.. I get the 6oz filet, green beans, and a side salad with no cheese and fat free dressing.. I will usually allow myself one piece of bread..
  • coachkathy
    coachkathy Posts: 35
    Options
    I would DEFINITELY suggest skipping the rolls & butter/honey they bring out when you first sit down. They are loaded with calories!

When I go, I order the 8oz sirlon; sweet potato & salad (w/no cheese or bacon or croutons) & light dressing on side.

That was such a GREAT idea about having the waiter bring a to go box at the same time they bring your meal. I will try to remember that next time.

Have a great dinner! :smile:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I'm back! I had a bite (literally) of the boyfriend's roll with cinnamon butter :love: and I had the 6 ounce sirloin for dinner. The two sides I chose were apple sauce and garden salad with Italian dressing (amazing by the way! :happy: ). I ended up going over by 56 calories... those darn peanuts! I don't even really enjoy them that much, they're just right in front of me and they're addicting!!

All in all, a relatively successful night. I don't tend to stress out over 50-something calories over- I don't like it, but I don't have a HRM yet and some of the food is an estimate since I don't know EXACTLY how much apple sauce was scooped into my little bowl at dinner, so to me, it's not a perfect science. A day when I go 50 over could, in reality, be 30 under or 100 over since it's all estimates. Likewise, days when I am happy that I was 50 under, I could in reality be over by 20 or 30.

So, long story short, it was a successful trip to Texas Roadhouse! :happy:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    We are going Monday!! I love that place. My husband had a 6 week job in Texas Dec and Jan. He was in El Paso ( Arm Pit I tell ya). I went and stayed with him for 3 weeks and I am not kidding when I say we went there almost every single night. The filet's are the best steak I have ever ate.. There is one in Reno and we've only been once since we got back from Texas.. I can't wait for Monday..

Congrats on keeping in control....