OK have at it

Options

Replies

• jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Just a quick glance you are not eating enough calories or protein. I would suggest you add at least 600 calories and do some weight lifting. Good luck
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    At first thought....too much sodium. I figure this, because i keep track of mine, and you would be amazed at how much is in stuff.
    Secont thoguht - banana bread for dinner? come on!! Just because you stay under your calories does not mean you are eating healthy.
    Third thought - where are your fruit and vegtables?
    Fourth thought - Too many processed foods.
    Firth thought - you are not eating enough.

Didnt think to look to see if you were drinking water?
  • grendel322
    grendel322 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    By the way, congrats on your progress so far! Very impressive totals!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    You're exercising and under eating. According to your diary you have your net goal set for under 1200 calories per day, so nope even looking back I don't think that you're zigzagging properly. You want to lose weight, reset your net goal and then eat it. If you're going to zigzag keep a strict log excel spreadsheet week by week.
  • Jamiewoodle
    Jamiewoodle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Seems you already know what is wrong... TOO FEW CALORIES!!! A spike day once in awhile isn't making up for all those skimmpy days! Your body can't burn fat if it's using all the calories to just SURVIVE! I suggest not NETTING under that and if you are strength training, you need more fuel to build a toned physique.
  • SparklesPlenty
    SparklesPlenty Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    - banana bread for dinner? come on!!

LOL that is just cause that is when I baked it. Had to give it a taste to make sure it wouldn't poison the kids :)
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Your body fat is 18%. :noway: and you are trying to lose just a few pounds.......

You need to be eating WAY more.

This. Need to be eating more.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    What are you trying to accomplish? If you want to look better, than you should be aiming to gain muscle. But even if you are sedentary with NO exercise, your TDEE is around 1581. But if you are active with kids or you workout, your TDEE is higher and under eating is just killing your metabolism.
  • SparklesPlenty
    Options
    What are you trying to accomplish? If you want to look better, than you should be aiming to gain muscle. But even if you are sedentary with NO exercise, your TDEE is around 1581. But if you are active with kids or you workout, your TDEE is higher and under eating is just killing your metabolism.

I am trying to get back to where I was last year. Which was 10 pounds lighter, felt better, looked better, clothes fit better. People were complementing me. The most recent "complement" I have gotten was "oh your getting fatter!" Seriously. :grumble:
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    If I were you, I would monitor how much sodium you are putting in. Too much will cause you to hold on to excess water. Also, I would add more fresh fruit and fresh and fozen veggies. If you are like me and dont really care for them, integrate them into your smoothies.

Remember the old food pyramid? Exept for the grains part of the old food pyramid, follow that. It will help you keep up with the amount of fruit, veggies, nuts and legumes in your diet. Also, healthy fats are good.

And last, talk to your doctor and get an idea of what a healthy wt would be for you. I know the shorter we are the less we weigh, so talk to him/her and get an idea of where you should be with your wt.

Good luck to you, I hope you are able to meet your goals.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options

I am trying to get back to where I was last year. Which was 10 pounds lighter, felt better, looked better, clothes fit better. People were complementing me. The most recent "complement" I have gotten was "oh your getting fatter!" Seriously.

Stop worrying about weight. Also, if anyone is saying you are getting fatter, they are crazy. YOu don't have much room to do anything except increase weight by increasing muscle mass. Below is the result from doing so.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/392784-skinny-fat-vs-fit-photo?hl=skinny+fat&page=2#posts-5441852
  • andrearaquel48
    andrearaquel48 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I looked back a couple of weeks and I think you do need to eat more calories, but also to change your eating habits some. For starters I don't think eating 1000 calories every day and then once in a while eating 2000 calories is the proper way to zigzag, although I'm no expert. How about trying to up your daily calories to about 1500-1600 on average, and then zigzag between 1300 - 1800? But more importantly I think you would benefit from changing your diet - I see a lot of processed meats, vitamins, and supplements, but very few fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean meats. Just my un-expert opinion! Congrats on your progress so far and good luck!
  • SparklesPlenty
    Options
    And last, talk to your doctor and get an idea of what a healthy wt would be for you. I know the shorter we are the less we weigh, so talk to him/her and get an idea of where you should be with your wt.

Good luck to you, I hope you are able to meet your goals.

I have spoken to my doctor and he put my healthy weight at 105.

Thank you for your help!
  • Hanablu2
    Hanablu2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Your body thinks it's starving. I only looked at the past three days including today you had a 98 calorie lunch! You are not even eating 1200 calories a day. Your body thinks it's starving so everything you eat it's storing.
  • tampatha
    tampatha Posts: 5
    Options
    Just some observations, although nothing that has not already been said...you need to eat a bit more and add some more fruits and veggies into your diet. For your snack instead of the trail mix, try some carrots or celery with a bit of hummus or FF ranch dressing....

I am currently in a weight management health program and the dietician says to eat every three hours whether it is a meal or a snack to keep the body's metabolism going. I personally have to set a timer to help me with this as I can go up to 6 hours between meals which obviously isn't good. She also says to try to have at least 3 of the 4 food groups at each meal if you can and then 2 at your snack...'

some favorite snack I like are graham wafers with peanut butter, apples & peanut butter and even just a cup of homemade vegetable soup made with low sodium chicken broth and just whatever veggies I have in the fridge. I make a big pot of it and then just eat it throughout the week...

It looks like you eat a lot of the same foods during the week...try mixing it up a bit. I do that as well sometimes, and so my body falls into a rut of sorts, you want to keep throwing your body for a loop so that it has to work harder to burn up the calories from the different foods you are giving it...instead of that liverwurst I believe it was, buy a rotisserie chicken and take the skin off..it's great for sandwiches or on salads. Salads at lunch are great and then I usually vary the toppings, so some chicken, or tuna or deli ham/turkey things like that, sometimes just a hard boiled egg on it....
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    You will likely try and look for every other answer under the sun because you don't like my opinion, but to me it is pretty obvious what the problem is.

I value your opinion, which is why I asked for it. I would appreciate it if you wouldn't pigeonhole me into this persona of narrow mindedness.

How is it narrow minded? I looked through your diary and it is obvious to me (as well as many others posting here) that the clear answer is you are not eating enough. I know many people on MFP who try to sustain <1200 calorie living hate that answer. I am guessing you knew the answer, as from the get go you mentioned not eating enough.

You know what you need to do. You can keep struggling as you are currently or you can choose the healthy option and fuel that body of yours! You have come such a long way, you deserve to keep that body of yours healthy, strong and lean. If you keep under-eating and you do lose weight again it will be lean muscle mass, not fat. Either way, you aren't doing yourself any favors by not eating.

I don't intend for this to come across as rude in the least, so I hope it doesn't appear that way. I am trying to virtually shake your shoulders and make you see what the rest of us do!
  • brittdaw32
    Options
    I didn't look at your calorie thing but that's a significant jump for someone who apparently is eating few calories. Perhaps, it's not calorie related at all. The first thing that came to my mind is could you be pregnant? Something that is easily overlooked and sometimes people are unaware or have normal periods and don't have any signs until they start putting on weight. Just a thought.
  • d4rkn3ss06
    Options
    Why is your daily goal 1,100? you need at least 1,200 on a daily basis!! it is very likely that you are under eating so much that your body is holding onto anything you eat becuase you are not giving your body the fuel it needs!! you need to eat more! eat healthy and stop depriving your body the FUEL it needs!! The calories you eat are what fuel your body!
  • SparklesPlenty
    Options
    I didn't look at your calorie thing but that's a significant jump for someone who apparently is eating few calories. Perhaps, it's not calorie related at all. The first thing that came to my mind is could you be pregnant? Something that is easily overlooked and sometimes people are unaware or have normal periods and don't have any signs until they start putting on weight. Just a thought.

Nope, not pregnant (thank goodness).
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I agree that you need to be more consistent with your calories and that you need to eat more veggies and fruit. Keep your protein up also. Also try more cardio. Get your heart rate up for a good 45 minutes instead of 20 to 30. Look up how to do speed drills on the treadmill. They are a great fat burner. Good luck to you.:flowerforyou: