Horse People!!

Options

Replies

• bandenna
    bandenna Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wow there's alot of horse people on here! lol And yeah, it is a great workout. About the only thing real fit on me is my legs. I mostly ride my own horses, but I recently got into Western Horsemanship here at Midway (since western pleasure deal aint my thing really) more of a stock type horse girl lol) Well feel free to add me :smile: great to hear from all of you
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    aww dang.....thought there was finally a support group for centaurs.

.I'll keep searching. :ohwell:
  • cowboyjim22
    cowboyjim22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Howdy. I am a cowboy from Nevada. Our family own riding stables near Las Vegas. I just started doing myfitnesspal and working out.
  • walkswithdeer
    Options
    Hi there,

I am the proud owner of a mare in foal. Her picture is my icon. I have a ways to go in this but I am committed. I am 55 yerars old, 5'5" and in 7 weeks, I've lost 17.4 lbs. Just thought I would try to find other horse people on here.

Shawn Marie
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    This was about 4 years and 2 kids ago. I'm the same size but the time restraints are too tough. When I can trust my kiddos, I'll do it again. Still have my horses though :).

if038z.jpg
  • WandaVonDunajew
    WandaVonDunajew Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm a veterinarian specialized in equine internal medicine, and I ride trail and endurance, feel free to add me (any of you) if you have horse-health related questions :flowerforyou:
  • hockeymomofbensam
    Options
    I started riding when I was 5 yrs old, and stopped about a year after I had my first son (8 years ago)! I rode competatively hunter/jumper from age 7-15. I miss it terribly, but when my boys get a litle order and I have more time, I am getting back in the saddle for sure! Right now my spare time is at the hockey rink! LOL
  • babybluefire
    babybluefire Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have a 22 year old Qh gelding. I showed a good bit when I was young. Now I trail ride and my kids and my niece show the same QH that my sisters I did when we were kids. Everyone feel free to add me as well.
  • jackiesaurus
    jackiesaurus Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I rode for 8 years growing up (8 - 16), but lessons were expensive and hard to come by after that, because I lived in the LA suburbs. I did western and english, dressage and trail riding, even gymkhana for a minute! I never owned a horse, but when I'm older I hope to settle down somewhere a little more remote with a ranch :) For now it's living in the middle of the city!

(Also - if there's anyone on here who knows where I can grab some intermediate/advanced lessons for relatively inexpensive in the LA area please let me know! I'll even help with stable chores!)
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and went from 215 down to 120 lbs, then had some health issues that blew me up to 140 towards the end of last year, and am now down to 133 again. I don't have a horse at the moment but plan to foster rescued horses in the near future. I grew up in 4-H and Pony Club, went on to train and show Hunt Seat and Western, and also spent 7 years as the first woman to drive the stagecoach at a Western theme park here in Arizona. I miss the horses, and planning to ride again soon is definitely a motivation for me to slim down again. You're welcome to friend me if you want.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Ok..... the title of this post totally made me think of the Bones episode with the people role playing as horses LMAO!!!

the title made me think of the freaky play Equus I was forced to watch in college..
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i used to have a horse and i really miss riding :(
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    aww dang.....thought there was finally a support group for centaurs.

.I'll keep searching. :ohwell:
    This^^^
  • rebecca0101
    Options
    Just went on my first trail ride last Saturday - Five hours! OMG.. Can we say SORE? Wow, great workout. We have just bought 3 horses are are starting to get into horses and trail rides. Loving it so far and wish I could ride more and burn more calories. But work is getting in the way of that. Feel free to add me :-)
  • ash012
    ash012 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    ADD ME! ADD ME! All you pretty horse people :-)
  • woodstockmom
    woodstockmom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm a horse lover through and through! I don't have my own just now but we're at the barn weekly as my daughter takes lessons...hunter jumper. I love working horses and trail riding! So glad to see so many horse lovers. :))
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    Fellow horse lover and owner here too. I too am not as comfortable riding at my current weight. I was more confident as a rider at a lower weight and I am sure my horses appreciated it too !!!

There is nothing like the love of horses. Have a great day
  • plarcade
    plarcade Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm a horse rider and owner. I used to work with horses and put on weight when I gave up the riding (was riding/lunging/mucking out 6 hours a day) I have 2 horses and the real kick up the butt for me to lose the weight that had crept on was that I've got a 3 year old I'm backing. He's only 15hh and lightly built, and I didn't want to feel I was squashing him :)
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I am not really "new" to MFP but I am a horse person too. Any of you feel free to add me. I am finally starting to lose weight and getting back to riding after a few years off. I ride mostly western and I am currently learning western dressage. I have two QH's - an AWESOME gelding named Snazzy. He isnt beautiful but he is one of the most honest horses I have ever known and he is a great babysitter. I also have a mare named Strawberry. She is pretty high strung but we are still getting to know each other. I cant ride my gelding anymore because he has hip problems. I could ride him if I was a lot lighter but not at my current weight. One more incentive to lose it!!