As you lose weight does it take longer for feet to get sore

I have a massive selection of killer heels, and normally they're fine on a night out, but since I started dieting I stopped drinking, and my feet always get sore a million times quicker than my friends who are both skinny as hell and drunk.
when i used to drink my feet would get sore before my friends but because i was drunk i didn't care.

if i lose more weight will it make a night out less painful?

Replies

• AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    You're putting less pressure per square inch on your feet, so the soreness should decline. Also, you have more space in your shoes (because feet also get smaller as you lose weight), so as your feet swell from all of the standing and walking the shoes will pinch less.

I've had to toss a pair of shoes because I started walking right out of them! So Congratulations and keep it up!
  • chermike1
    chermike1 Posts: 12 Member
    I would think maybe you are not getting enough potasium or calcium. When I was pregnant I used to get cramps in my legs and feet something awfull. The Dr. told me to up my calcuim and potasium. If you don't want the calories you can buy supliments. When pregnant a baby takes those vitamins from you, but dieting you need more vitamins and are eating less so it kind of does the same thing. Thats why when you diet they are always pushing vitamins on you. Or it could just mean the alcohol just used to something else to focus on so you didn't feel it as much. (plus it numbs you too. lol)
  • LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    The Painful Heel is a common symptom of dieting. The lack of fatty pad on the heel is to blame; the heel bone is pressing on the skin of the foot from pressure. "The fat in the heel is like a springy cushion that carries the weight of the body. Standing on a heel in which this fat is missing or reduced must obviously be very painful." A quote from Dr. Simeons.

When dieting, fat from all over the body is reduced, including the healthy brown fat deposits in the heel. There is no way to target or exercise off body fat in one area of the body with dieting.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    i'm noticing that i can wear heels a lot better now even with just 20 # loss, so 60 # loss i'm expecting to be able to wear and walk around in a pair of platform heels i've only been able to lounge around seductively in :laugh:

while standing and walking there's less pressure on the balls of my feet and more room for my toes to spread. also my feet no longer swell anywhere near as much as they used to.

also if you have pain in your HEELS when wearing high heels, then dahling your heels aren't high enough :laugh: