do your hands swell?

Options
2»

Replies

• SirBeechBum
    Options
    Basically, you have to much salt in your diet and or you are retaining water...

http://walking.about.com/cs/med/a/swollenhands.htm

18706737.png
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    The first time my hands swelled up really badly was when I walked the strip in Vegas. I figured that it was just blood pooling downwards as my hands were down at my sides most of the time. It went away in a little while. It was a little uncomfortable and I felt like my fingers were turning into sausages. I think I was about 28 years old when that happened.

The next time I noticed my hands kinda swelling when I had a days worth of insanely salty foods and didn't drink nearly enough water. I don't know if there's a connection.
  • Oooladyred
    Oooladyred Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This used to happen to me as well and I would blame it on poor diet and just being over weight. But to lose weight I have become a runner and have run 2 marathons now and it still happens to me. During my first marathon I was having a hard time getting through and met up with another runner. We got to talking and she explained to me that it is a sign of an electrolyte imbalance. And you are very dehydrated. During marathons they actually hand out salt packages for you to ingest. It help you retain the liquids you are sweating out.