Lifting

Options
I know it takes 24-48hrs of rest time to build up your muscles from lifting. So, does that mean that if you lift at 8am on tuesday, at 8am on wednesday, you *might* be safe to lift again? I'm having sooo much trouble not wanting to lift every day! LOL.....I'm starting to see results from my working out and eating right the last 35 days, and I added lifting 3x a week last week. I'm so addicted. But I don't want to ruin myself, kwim?

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    If you lift really hard, really heavy, or skirt failure... skip a day between.
  • ami299
    ami299 Posts: 57
    Options
    I hear all different things. I lift mon-fri, different muslce groups every day. If I feel strained I obviously lay off that part of my body till its better. I'm no expert, but I think it's whatever is best for you and what you feel capable of doing.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I just do alternate muscle groups if I want to lift daily, just alternate between days.

Also, it depends on how sore you get and how hard you're pushing.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    If you're able to lift everyday without burnout, you probably aren't lifting hard enough.
  • lilmisskrys24
    Options
    Well, I am sore. Some muscles more than others. I obviously wouldn't be working the really sore ones.......plus I like the sore feeling. Guess I'll just wait til tomorrow. I KNOW I'm lifting enough. I'm lifting as much as I can.
  • lilmisskrys24
    Options
    And, I don't know if I'm able to lift every day, as I never have before.
  • lilmisskrys24
    Options
    :) I went and did my cardio and realized I was much more sore than I thought while I was typing out this post laying in my bed :) I'm going to wait until tomorrow! Thanks for the input everybody.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    it depends on your body and how intense your training is.

if you're starting out, 3x a week on non-consecutive days is plenty.
    don't overdo it.