Iv'e lost 11 pounds in one week!!!

Options

Replies

• sf1118
    sf1118 Posts: 1
    Options
    I was just wondering if you are doing Medifast? I had recently been hearing about that and it sounded like what you described so I thought I would ask. Thanks.
  • zippymelanie68
    Options
    Good job, I'm happy for you.

As I love being a downer, don't set yourself up to fall down. Sustainable weight loss will probably be in the 2 or so pound range. So if next week you only loose 2 or 3, don't get down.

best of luck =)

Also a great way to keep your motivation is to take your measurements so in weeks you may not lose anything you may find you lost inches and still feel a huge accomplishment.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am sorry for the assumption. I have some people on FB that are doing this type of thing trying to sell weight loss supplements.

I do not know what kind of loss you have experienced but I hope you know that losing weight at a rapid rate will cause some serious skin hanging, which is not attractive. Are you doing a cleanse? I am a big fan of the acia colon cleansing products, if that is the case, good for you!

1000 calories is also not enough food. As a matter of fact, 1200 is not enough food to be honest. If you find yourself at a stand still in a few weeks or months, please, by all means, try to eat more. If you need some help with some good nutritious foods to incorporate to your diet, please feel free to contact me.

Once again, I apologize for the misunderstanding, I should have not jumped to that conclusion. This is a little thorn in my side because of some underhanded things I feel that are going on with a few of my relatives.

Lesa

LOL - A HUGE Assumption!
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    11 pounds in one week sounds dangerous. It's taken me more than 6 months to lose the same amount. Don't starve yourself!

That's quite slow - you are probably close to goal. OP is overweight so weight loss will be quicker and probably water weight too.
  • Arestoktra
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! :)
  • rdchick
    rdchick Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Never been to a weightloss group like Slimming World? 11lb in the first week is definitely not unheard of, just means you've drastically altered your lifestyle and what you eat.

Yes the vitamin thing is a little obsessive but I'm sure she understands that. Just stay safe with your eating and get a bit of exercise and you'll be fine.
  • sunshine45356
    sunshine45356 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Goos Job...yes it will get tougher but you will make it! stay positive and feel free to add me!
  • sunshine45356
    sunshine45356 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I mean good..LOL. I mean GREAT! :flowerforyou:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    400 calories a day until you reach your goal weight? is this serious? if so it is negligent.

it appears that the original poster deleted the post saying people should decrease their calories from 1000 per day down to 400 and stay there until their goal is met.
    yet ANOTHER assumption?? NO there was no editing from the OP.

WOW, some ppl are something else... with their comments. smh

If your doctor is aware and is working with you and is qualified they might suggest you keep it at a certain calorie amount to begin with. It's not like she suggested hcg or something People!

Most of us didn't come on this site when we joined up knowing everything, we learned along the way, or at least that's how it worked for me. Some ppl have learned they are better off eating their workout cals, some have found that doesn't work for them.

Each of us being individual should be allowed to learn along the way what works best for our body.:drinker:
    ( I am also going to the doctor for advice and a watch on my health ) just so you all know :)
    Sounds like she's got it covered on working with her Doctor. :wink:
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am sorry for the assumption. I have some people on FB that are doing this type of thing trying to sell weight loss supplements.

I do not know what kind of loss you have experienced but I hope you know that losing weight at a rapid rate will cause some serious skin hanging, which is not attractive. Are you doing a cleanse? I am a big fan of the acia colon cleansing products, if that is the case, good for you!

1000 calories is also not enough food. As a matter of fact, 1200 is not enough food to be honest. If you find yourself at a stand still in a few weeks or months, please, by all means, try to eat more. If you need some help with some good nutritious foods to incorporate to your diet, please feel free to contact me.

Once again, I apologize for the misunderstanding, I should have not jumped to that conclusion. This is a little thorn in my side because of some underhanded things I feel that are going on with a few of my relatives.

Lesa

1200 is plenty if you eat the correct foods and no, a person will not automatically go into "starvation mode" nor plateau.

I wish people would stop making these assumptions!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Wow, I apologize for my statements and people are treating me as crappy as they thought I was treating her. Now tell me what is the difference? Remember, when pointing a finger, there are 3 more pointing back at you.

And by the dozens of private messages I have gotten over night, I am not the ONLY ONE that made that assumption.

Why would someone say, "message me for details" if they were getting these things from Walmart? Why not just go ahead and tell people out right what they were doing? Isnt that what we are all here for? To share our experience and help.

So if it makes all you guys feel better to bash me, by all means, go ahead. It kinda makes me laugh.

11 lbs in one week is a lot. I was wondering if she did a cleanse, which she still has not answered.

And BTW Decemberchild, I am not saying anyone is going into starvation mode, I am saying, from EXPERIENCE, 1200 calories is not enough. I am started losing when I upped my calories, I am at my goal weight, are you?

Lesa
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    20-50% of your weight loss was lean mass.
    Dounble check your numbers vs your height, weight and body fat% and start over.
    At this rate youll hamper fat loss and continue catabolizing lean mass.

Youll just be a smaller version of your previous self.

Always fulfill your basal needs first then eat to fuel your activities.

Check the link on my profile if you need help.
    It will explain why the 1200 calorie diet tends to fail if done incorrectly.
    You arent doing it correctly.

1200 is plenty if you eat the correct foods and no, a person will not automatically go into "starvation mode" nor plateau.

This is the road to skinny fatness. If you eat back all calories and end up well above BMR its okay but chances are you havent been.
    This will extend your diet because at some point youll have to rebuild that Lean Mass.
    That means youll have to eat above TDEE for an extended time and will gain back some fat.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I really hate when people knock someone for 1200 calories and want to say that everyone should eat what they are eating, are you freaking serious? Not everyone is YOU and not everyone's body is YOUR'S I have gained a ton of muscle, and lost a tone of weight and I eat no more then 1200 a day. So please tell me I'm becoming a skinny fat? I've just recently started the muscle gaining, I've lost 110lbs, 65.5lbs has been lost on 1200 calories. Just because YOU can't eat 1200 calories and either lose weight or gain muscle, doesn't mean someone else can't.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    20-50% of your weight loss was lean mass.
    Dounble check your numbers vs your height, weight and body fat% and start over.
    At this rate youll hamper fat loss and continue catabolizing lean mass.

Youll just be a smaller version of your previous self.

Always fulfill your basal needs first then eat to fuel your activities.

Check the link on my profile if you need help.
    It will explain why the 1200 calorie diet tends to fail if done incorrectly.
    You arent doing it correctly.

This is the road to skinny fatness. If you eat back all calories and end up well above BMR its okay but chances are you havent been.
    This will extend your diet because at some point youll have to rebuild that Lean Mass.
    That means youll have to eat above TDEE for an extended time and will gain back some fat.

Please Dan don't, skinny fatness, that is not what I was measured at when I reached my goal weight before doing EXACTLY what I am doing this time around.

Do you actually know what my TDEE is? No you don't.

I used to do a lot of athletics that involved shot putt, sprinting and some long jumping, my muscles are quite fine.

I have been involved in sport for 38 years now, I know all about lean mass, muscles, what happens etc etc. I have also studied extensively in nutrition, I know exactly what goes on.

I have explained all this before. Last time I started to eat back ALL exercise calories and my weightloss stopped. I went back to 1200 calories per day and it started again and I reached my goal.

People can reel out a load of figures that will blanket across the whole population, but if those figures do not work for a person, what is that person supposed to do? Carry on because the figures stress they should? I don't think so.

I do not eat crap, junk or fastfood, I am always above my protein levels and eat at regular intervals and you can tell me until you are blue in the face that what I am doing is wrong, but I can tell you, in turn Dan, here and now, that I have done this before and it worked then as it is working just fine now.

The key is WHAT you eat, that is vitally important and is often forgotten on MFP.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    FYI 20g protein a day is not enough either....It should be closer to 1g per 1lb if anything.... I easily get 100-140g protein a day (less than my weight). Protein is what will keep you feeling full longer. GOOD protein.

Yay for your loss, but its mostly due to all the water you started drinking and shocking your body into starvation.
    Look at your diary... you are not even getting 800 calories on some days -- you're leaving a huge deficit, eating nothing but process food (ww meals, lean cuisine, bars -- all full of sodium and additives).

Anyone is going to lose weight if they stop eating and drink water all day. Hopefully most people don't want to lose it that way - it is seriously not healthy.

You might want to consider cooking meals in big batches so you can just reheat portions. Measure your portions. This is much better than living off frozen meals. Add in some protein shakes between meals to get the nutrients you're missing and the protein you need.

You're taking a ton of vitamins, but you may want to look at those again.

Most Multi-Vitamins already have magnesium, zinc, selenium --- taking too much, especially of zinc can backfire and cause your copper numbers to spike. If you're watching Dr. Oz - stop believing everything he says :)

What kind of calcium are you taking? If its caltrate you have to take it with food but citrate absorbs better and doesn't need to be taken with food.

The only real need for biotin is to make your hair/nails stronger...
    Vitamin C should be taken with Iron (but you don't take that... maybe you dont need it but most women do)
    Iron should never be taken with calcium (in case you add it)
    Where are is your Omega-3 and Probiotics? Those are quite helpful.

Suggestion: Add sodium tracking to your diary - you'll be shocked :)
  • 250momma
    250momma Posts: 12
    Options
    Again thanx for all the motivation and criticism, I need both to make it and be strong :) And yes i am learning along the way. Like many people I have tried MANY diets and have failed at them or they stopped working. I'm not trying to starve myself purposely but I am just not hungry.And yes to the person that made fun of my microwave meals, maybe i should try to cooking healthier meals, i cooked cabbage yesterday, give me a break :-p I'm a work at home mom that raises a 2 year old ALONE! I go outside with her and play throughout the day, that is besides the walks i take. Anywas i liked the thought of the vitamins helping someone not go into starvation mode because when i do diet then i find it hard for me to have an appetite. I'm not trying to do things the unhealthy way or push anything on to anyone else. As i do appreciate the honesty everyone is pouring out to me. I will be going to the grocery today or tomorrow and to let you all know in advance i plan on getting more fresh things like fruits and vegetables. But i bought up alot of lean cuisine's and smart one's microwavable meals so you will still be seeing them for awhile! I FEEL FINE and i'm active in some way everyday now, if i don't get to walk i will write in my notes so you all can see what type of activity i did. And I will try and eat more calories and make sure they are healthier one's :-D God bless you all and have wonderful day!!!
  • 250momma
    250momma Posts: 12
    Options
    And like i said i'm learning along the way so i am up to change my diet when it is unhealthy and i'm not losing weight. So YES PEOPLE I PLAN TO UP MY CALORIES. You can all sleep better tonight knowing that ok :-D THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONCERNS!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    400 calories a day until you reach your goal weight? is this serious? if so it is negligent.
    it appears that the original poster deleted the post saying people should decrease their calories from 1000 per day down to 400 and stay there until their goal is met.
    [/quote]

[/quote] yet ANOTHER assumption?? NO there was no editing from the OP.

WOW, some ppl are something else... with their comments. smh
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Actually it WAS edited. The post by the OP describing the vitimins also originally included the diet that gave steps to get the 400 calorie level. So no assumption. I saw and commented on it myself - so way to go with the assumptions.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

Please Dan don't, skinny fatness, that is not what I was measured at when I reached my goal weight before doing EXACTLY what I am doing this time around.

Do you actually know what my TDEE is? No you don't.

I used to do a lot of athletics that involved shot putt, sprinting and some long jumping, my muscles are quite fine.

I have been involved in sport for 38 years now, I know all about lean mass, muscles, what happens etc etc. I have also studied extensively in nutrition, I know exactly what goes on.

I have explained all this before. Last time I started to eat back ALL exercise calories and my weightloss stopped. I went back to 1200 calories per day and it started again and I reached my goal.

People can reel out a load of figures that will blanket across the whole population, but if those figures do not work for a person, what is that person supposed to do? Carry on because the figures stress they should? I don't think so.

I do not eat crap, junk or fastfood, I am always above my protein levels and eat at regular intervals and you can tell me until you are blue in the face that what I am doing is wrong, but I can tell you, in turn Dan, here and now, that I have done this before and it worked then as it is working just fine now.

The key is WHAT you eat, that is vitally important and is often forgotten on MFP.

Curb your anger.

I'll quote myself "This is the road to skinny fatness.
    >If you eat back all calories and end up well above BMR its okay but chances are you havent been.<
    "

Nowhere did you say to eat back calories.
    On a hormonal level if she doesnt get the proper nutrients while working out she wont even fulfill her Basal needs.
    Hence the "Skinny Fat" comment.
    Congrats on your journey December but dont take things as a direct attack.
    quite a bot of this stuff also applies to body type etc....
    You could be a total Mesomorph where lean mass sticks and grows without issue.

Me?

I treat everyone as if they were hard gainers with muscle and slow losers with fat.

It's why I have a 95% success rate with the dietary numbers i've run for others.

On a hormonal level if she eats 1200 cals and crossfits burning 400 cals shes at 800.
    After a while, hormones will hamper her fat loss.
    Cortisol rises, testosterone lowers, anabolism drops and catabolism starts to use lean mass for fuel resulting in lower LBM.
    Shes lost weight alright!
    The wrong kind though.
    It's basic physiology.

So December, you understand my statement right?
  • DatEpicChick
    DatEpicChick Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    the biggest thing is to not get discouraged!

just keep in my that you just shocked your body, and alot of that weight was water.

its always an AWESOME feeling though, and enjoy your success!!!

but keep with it!

when i started in late january i lost weight left and right for the first few weeks,
    and became EXTREMELY discouraged when i started losing 1 pound or less a week.

dont let that happen to you!

add me if you need support!
    =D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!