Timex T5G971 HRM

Options
doorki
doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
Anyone have any experience with this product? Its the top rated on Consumer Reports.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    bump?
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Yup. I have one and LOVE IT. I've had it over a year, bought it cheap off Ebay, and it's been very accurate. Haven't had to replace the battery yet either even with daily use.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    It's crap.. I had it, and it told me that for 30 minutes walking on a treadmill, I burned 580 calories.. No, I def. did not. All though since you are a male(and this particular model assumes you are a male) it may workout better for you.

Main reason why I don't like it is because it does not take enough info to give you an accurate estimated calorie burn. HRM's should take all info(age weight height gender and Vo2Max) and a have a chest strap to have any hint of being accurate at estimating calories burned.
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    It's crap.. I had it, and it told me that for 30 minutes walking on a treadmill, I burned 580 calories.. No, I def. did not. All though since you are a male(and this particular model assumes you are a male) it may workout better for you.

Main reason why I don't like it is because it does not take enough info to give you an accurate estimated calorie burn. HRM's should take all info(age weight height gender and Vo2Max) and a have a chest strap to have any hint of being accurate at estimating calories burned.

I have had mine for over a year and lost 44 lbs with it. I ♥ it. I bought it because it was rated so high. I have a Polart Ft 7 and it is useless.
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I had a Timex Ironman HRM and had pretty much the same experience as dad106. I cleaned my house for about a hour and it said I burned over 2000 calories, and I know I did not work that yard! I just ordered a Polar FT7 because the Polar HRMs seem popular on here. I got mine for $80 from Amazon.
  • Glovesave3373
    Glovesave3373 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    it is great .... works well.... not waterproof.... and if you can find it at a Timex Outlet... get it on the cheap. I only paid $32 with tax... normally in the $80-100.

Good luck
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    Go with Polar...