AFTER the 30 Day Shred?!

Options
I'm about half way though Level 2 of 30DS.
Since starting I've lost 4lbs and an inch off my waist and thighs :)

However, I was wondering what other DVDs or home workouts I can progress from after i finished 30DS? I don't want to suddenly start gaining weight as soon as I finish, but I don't want to join a gym and I find working out publicly a bit embarrassing!

I currently walk about 25mins everyday plus bike for an hour a couple of times a week :)

Thanks.

Replies

• jojogo1111
    Options
    Have you tried any of Jillian Michael's other DVDs? Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones are 2 that I have tried. They are longer and pretty intense. Try them! They're great :)
  • mollymasm
    mollymasm Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I haven't - I'd love to but I was just wondering, by just maintaining the DVDs and occasional biking will I hit a weight loss 'wall' where I just stop losing?!

I want my loss to be a lifestyle change that lasts for life.

Are there any of Jillian's DVDs that focus particularly on the lower body for toning?

Thank you!
  • jojogo1111
    Options
    Well I imagine when you actually get closer to your weight loss goal you may have to mix things up a bit to get where you wanna be. But for now watching how many calories you consume and how many calories you burn is the key. I'm not sure if JM has a video just for lower body, I know she has one for abs though...
  • Running4Two
    Running4Two Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have and LOVE Jillian's "Shred it with weights" I use two alb free weights and its great for maintaining all over muscle strength and they recommend you use it in conjunction to cardio (your bike :) I also use theBiggest Losers Cardio Max DVD which is pretty intense and always leaves me feeling like a million bucks after I make it through!!

Good Luck!!

p.s. I always order mine off Amazon - you can get them for a great price there.
  • Running4Two
    Options
    The "Shred It" DVD focus' a lot on lower body with squats and lunges with weights in hand***
  • mollymasm
    mollymasm Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Although I know you can't really just lose weight in certain spots i imagine working certain muscles in certain areas speeds it along a bit! My stomach is untoned as are my thighs so this is a place I'd really like to focus on :)

I'll probably get a couple more DVDs and mix them up a bit, and bump up the extra cardio if I need to.

I've been thinking about joining Zumba once a week - has anyone tried it?
  • Running4Two
    Options
    SOrry thats the "Power Sculpt DVD" not the Shred it...lol, I have all of them and mix em up lol
  • louisey112
    louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing the Shred at the end of this month and plan on doing her Ripped in 30 in April - I really like the 3-2-1 concept and have gotten pretty good results thus far from the Shred.
  • Ratchett13
    Ratchett13 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    If you decide to do Ripped in 30 louisey112 and I are in a group to support each other in our journey through it. Join us if you would like! Ripped in 30 through April!
  • nikki_marie05
    nikki_marie05 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing the Shred at the end of this month and plan on doing her Ripped in 30 in April - I really like the 3-2-1 concept and have gotten pretty good results thus far from the Shred.

I agree with her. I'm doing Ripped in 30 on April 1st as well and like the 3-2-1 and the fact that it's only 30 minutes. Fits into my busy lifestyle perfect, and with amazing results, from the Shred anyways. I'm hoping to get the same from Ripped.