C-section moms and exercise

Options
Do any other moms who have has c-sections feel uncomfortable in their belly during exercise? It isn't that mine hurts, but is very uncomfortable and jiggly. Do you wear any type of band or support? Let me also say, my last c-section was 2 1/2 years ago, so it is not like it's a recent thing. But it is bothersome, like when I do jumping jacks.

Replies

• shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I had a C-Section just a little over 6 years ago. I do not find that I have much problems working out. Sometimes I feel a little pull where the incision is, but nothing to terrible.
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I’ve had 2 C-sections. The first was an emergency 8-years ago. The second was scheduled 2 ½ years ago with twins. Recover on the first was harder, but I think because it was so unexpected. The second was planned out from the start so I wasn’t as nervous about recovery. (What I couldn't and shouldn't do...)
    Pulling… I feel that often when doing reverse crunches.
    The pooch, not so pleasant, but it’s slowly going away. (Twin skin is what it’s ‘affectionately’ called.) UGH!
    I skip the cute panties during work out and go with the generic cotton bikinis and yoga pants. They keep everything in place just fine. ;)
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    Mine was also 2.5 years ago, and other than the fact that I have the hangover pouch which feels grossly unattractive while exercising or in a swimsuit, I don't have any discomfort.
  • jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    my c/s was two years ago and i dont have any problems with my incision scar/spot when exercising.
  • mommyfauc
    mommyfauc Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It isn't the incision spot that hurts, it is just the excess skin, or my c-section shelf as I call it..just uncomfortable and very jiggly when I exercise, so I was thinking maybe a support belt would help. Maybe I just need some tight pants with spandex to hold it in, lol. My workout pants are all cotton.
  • wgreig
    wgreig Posts: 1
    Options
    looking for support and advice, I have two kids and my most recent was born September 2011 via emergency c-section.... I am finding it much harder to loose the weight with this one I'm sure age has something to do with it and trying to find time to get my exercise done. I also am having a hard time with my 'excess' skin, not only uncomfortable but I hate the way it looks... I must say I want to loose about 20-25lbs, but I am also afraid I'm going to end up with even more 'excess' skin. I log in daily and I am pretty hard on myself about loosing the weight, any Mommy's out there looking for motivators add me please and we can do this together... I'd love to exchange recipes and tips too...:wink:
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I've two c-sections, one of those was for twins. The c-section gives me not trouble, but I have had jiggly fat hurt when I first started to exercise. As I lost the fat, it didn't hurt. I think it just the bouncing of unsupported fat. I felt it on my stomach, my thighs, and my butt. The fattiest places. I'd say go for lower impact exercises if it bothers you a lot. Eventually, you'll lose enough and tighten up so it doesn't hurt.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 c-sections ( emergency c/s in 2007 & repeat c/s in 2008). I've always had a pooch but nothing that uncomfortable. I would try to find some tighter exercise pants or like you said, a band of some sort. Did you get a "wrap" after your c/s? I was given one while I recovered.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Well, it's been a while since my 2 c-sections (my kiddos are 9 and 7) but no, I've never felt anything while exercising. I have, however, lost all feeling in my bellybutton. Used to drive me INSANE if hubby would touch it, I just hated the feeling of anything touching my bellybutton and now I can't feel a thing there. Kinda like that!
  • rvpearson
    rvpearson Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had 2 C-sections,a long time ago, my sons are now 17 and 22! I had some complications with the incision on the second one, it got infected and I got a lot of scar tissue. I have always had issues with the incision sight and the skin/fat that hangs over it. I have always had to wear undies with some spandex or "supportive" material, especially when exercising. No cute little lace panties for me! Sucks, but wouldn't trade having my wonderful sons for anything!!