Today was a bit of a setback.

Options
I don't even want to talk about it, I just want to move on and get to tomorrow and start again. I need someone who will kick my butt into being on here... accountability partner anyone?

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Nobody can do it for you-- you can do this--

Make better choices tomorrow, stay strong-- :flowerforyou:
  • TheJackyl
    TheJackyl Posts: 88
    Options
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.....and at some point you fall on your face....and the journey begins again with one step.
  • foxyketty1206
    foxyketty1206 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    WE ALL HAVE THOSE DAYS, AS LONG AS YOU GET BACK ON THE WEAGON YOUR OK. TRY TO BALANCE IT OUT THE NEXT DAY. WHEN I GO OVER MY CALORIES, I JUST ADD SOME OF THE FOOD I ATE TO THE FOLLOWING DAY. I DONT GET TO EAT AS MUCH THE NEXT DAY BUT THAT HELPS EVEN THINGS OUT. DON'T FEEL TO BAD:smile:
  • mrfritz123
    mrfritz123 Posts: 1
    Options
    I had one of those yesterday as well. The best thing I think is to move on and let it go. Get back to making yourself feel good. Good luck!!!
  • OscarGirl
    OscarGirl Posts: 9
    Options
    Don't feel too bad. Especially this weekend. With a holiday weekend, sometimes its really just about damage control, not avoiding the damage altogether. For example, I know tomorrow night my mother is making a feast that will certainly go over my calories. But I am going to try not to go back for seconds and watch my portions. And then not weigh again til next Friday, when hopefully some hardwork can undo the damage.

And yes, it helps to have someone keep you accountable. My husband, bless his heart, keeps saying I look fabulous blah blah, but he has been super helpful. He lets me talk his ear off about the site and my food diary and gives me great exercise advice.

Anyway, don't beat yourself up too much. Just do better today. Think of all the hard work you have put in and good luck!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Some perspective: I have been doing this 1 year on June 1st. I have lost 31 pounds by changing my attitude towards food and exercise. The first month I just changed a few things. No carry out and 8 glasses of water. Then I went into trying all the healthy foods.

Did I 'slip up' ? I dont think so, because bad days are a part of life. You ate a cheeseburger and fries............ok so for TODAY you will eat healthy. Dont think about tomorrow until the alarm rings.

TODAY you WILL eat healthy and exercise for 30-60 minutes.

Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • onfleur
    onfleur Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    We all have those days girl friend. The key is to pick yourself up and start again. Dont be to hard on yourself, your human just like the rest of us. One day at a time and together we'll get there.