How do you loose 2lbs per week? What is the calorie / exerc

Options
anjsdav
anjsdav Posts: 34 Member
Hi everyone :smile: . I'm back to myfitnesspal and would really like to drop a dress / pants size by summer (from 171 to 135 per my BMI index calculation). I am currently at 160 after a month of up and down weigh-ins. I want to drop it off and keep it off this time. I set my settings at 1000 calories (although I haven't been real good at meeting it) with a realistic goal of 30 min every other day exercise goal (taking into account a missed day here and there and doubling up on the weekends) equaling a total of 5 days on the counter. Doing that sends the starvation mode warning signal and only calculates up to 1.3 lbs per day loss. This loss is less than my desired 2 lbs per day loss. What can I do? I know that in high school I was able to maintain between 90-100 lbs by limiting my diet intake to 1000 calories a day. This was truly unhealthy since I was very active in the band and liable to pass out on a moment's notice. Should I have any concerns now since I am an adult with lowered metabolism due to the lack of hormones after a hysterectomy / oopherectomy? Any recommendations out there?