I love my measuring tape

Options
havingitall
havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
While the scale can be up and down like a yo-yo, my measuring tape remains true. I have lost 9" from my hips and 8" from my waist since mid January!!!!

When I watch the shows like Xweighted, I am losing comparable inches to what those people lose. I m always amazed by their transformations. That must mean I have had amazing results as well!

Some days you just gotta toot your horn....

Replies

• katemadrigal
    Options
    Good for you! I started on the site about 3.5 weeks ago and have lost a total of 4lbs. I lost it all the first two weeks and have been maintaining for the last two due to a lot of business travel and famlily parties. I'm back on the horse this week and am just satisfied that the total loss equates to 1 lb/week which exactly what I was shooting for. And of course absolutely thrilled that I have not gained.

You're absolutely right, sometimes we have to put it all in perspective. Thanks for the positive boost :happy: and keep up the great work!
  • MimerT
    MimerT Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are doing great! I just got back on the wagon last week. I'm doing great so far. Hope I can keep up the momentum!
  • cathiern
    cathiern Posts: 6
    Options
    I am saving the measuring tape for some day when I get discouraged, and need that boost of proof that the plan is working!
    Today is the 1 month anniversary of starting the program and I am down, 14.5 lbs. YIPEE!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    That's great. Keep up the good work.
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHA, I was just about to do a blog entry about how I love my measuring tape!!!

For some reason, when I had tried to get fit and lose weight before, I was ONLY using a scale and never thought to use the tape - which is a good thing probably because I wasn't taking it seriously enough, I probably would have strangled myself with it! My scale is moving down very slowly but I can see a difference in the tape's meaurement over the course of two weeks!

Congrats on the progression (down!) of your meauring tape!!! Horn toot away, my friend!
  • onfleur
    onfleur Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I just started on this site yesterday. I need to get a measuring tape and use this as a tool as well. I know how gratifying it can be to see the inches come off even though the scale sometimes stays the same. Congrats on all your hard work. Together we can do it!!
  • onfleur
    Options
    So how does one post their ticker? I don't seem to be able to get it to post. Help????
  • onfleur
    Options
    Cathiern.....Congrats! Amazing progress in one month. Keep it up girl!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Wow, way to go, that is so awesome :flowerforyou:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    wonderful job :flowerforyou:
    awesome results since january, wow!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's great! keep up the good work!
    :flowerforyou:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    you are doing great job!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!