Truth in numbers

Options
willywonka
willywonka Posts: 743 Member
Hi guys,
I had my follow-up fitness assessment at the Y and I wanted to share the results with my fitness buddies.

Last year when I went in July, I weighed 158 lbs and had a body fat percentage of 34% using the caliper pinch test. Now, I am 5'2 and didn't consider myself obese before, I was a comfortable size 12/14 but carried a lot of weight in my belly area, size 36.5 inch waist. The trainer explained to me then that even a "skinnier" person can have a higher body fat percentage if they don't have muscle mass, etc.

Well, I got my new numbers after my new lifestyle change and discovering this wonderful website and all of you guys. My current weight is 112 lbs, waist size 26 inches and my body fat percentage... is 15.1% :wink:

Good old fashioned diet and exercise really does work!!!! Thanks for letting me share.

Replies

• Skagirl
    Skagirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Sweet! Nice work. Congrats on such great success. :drinker:
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Options
    WooHoo! :drinker: Way to go! Very inspiring! Thank you for sharing.
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! I am currently a size 12/14 which is a lot more comfortable than when I was a 16/18, but I can still tell that I need to lose more, I can't wait until I feel as successful as you. Way-to-go!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome girl! Good job :happy: :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Dolphin7, 38 lbs lost is awesome!!! I bet you look fantastic :flowerforyou:
    thank you
  • lgolden
    lgolden Posts: 164
    Options
    Way to go! You're an inspiration to all of us just beginning our journey. Thanks for sharing your progress!
  • MamaDorton
    MamaDorton Posts: 1
    Options
    Congratulations!! Seriously??? Just diet and exercise??? Almost seems to good to be true! :) Good work! Thank you for sharing!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    AMAZING and that bikini pic still kills me!
    Great great job!

Kim
  • Lesli
    Lesli Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your story! I joined MFP awhile ago, but am just now starting to use the site. Could you elaborate on how often you worked out and how diligent you were with your diet?
    :flowerforyou:

Lesli
  • TheJackyl
    TheJackyl Posts: 88
    Options
    Congrats, amazing transformation in under a year.
  • Appletini
    Appletini Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great job!!

Thanks also for pointing out the issue of body fat vs. muscle mass. Too often people stress about not losing weight on the scale when they start working out regularly.
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing - only an inspiration to go on with my lifestyle change.
  • ddiesh
    ddiesh Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration! You look fantastic!
  • jkroc
    jkroc Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: CONGRATS!!
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    Way to go!!! Send me some of your mojo!!!! :laugh:
  • Cinnamon_Kisses
    Options
    Wow, congratulations!!! You look AMAZING! We have similar stats (I started off at 149lbs, want to get to around 120lbs and am 5"3) and you truly are an inspiration!
  • wmcnicol
    wmcnicol Posts: 144
    Options
    wow!!! awesome job!!! and yeah you look rockin' in that bikini :)
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Way to go :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!