only 28 more calories for today? What do I eat?

Options
Ok, my morning was a bust, and now it's 2:30pm and I'm down to 28 calories to my allowance. I know I'm going over today, but short of skipping rope uphill with a backpack full of rocks for the next 4 hours, is there any way I can get through the rest of the day on minimal calories? Suggestions on what I can eat?:embarassed:

Replies

• ironmanwannabe
    ironmanwannabe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    a few stalks of celery just to get a full feeling, or 1/2 an apple or my favorite "diet" snack, 3 bite sized frosted mini-wheat.
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Make a super healthy chicken salad. Lots and lots of low cal veges and a light dressing. It'll fill you up and won't bring you up too much. Then go for a walk/jog/run.
  • slightlycrunchy
    slightlycrunchy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Tuna and salad? But it's really better to go over on healthy foods the rest of the day then to just skip eating to stay in your calorie goal. And go ahead and go for a walk or do something other kind of activity to earn some calories back.
  • luvmycoffee
    luvmycoffee Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    A big, beautiful salad with lots of color, add a 4 oz. chicken breast & a little light dressing (or none). Healthy & filling, then if you don't want to go over I would suggest you put down your backpack full of rocks & head out the door for a brisk walk/jog.

There...problem solved! :wink:
  • curvyvegan
    curvyvegan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Switch your settings to maintenance mode just for today and do your best to stay within those calories. Then tomorrow put your settings back to your weight loss mode of choice. This is what I do to avoid that "oh well, I messed up, now I'm going to eat anything I want!" mode that I can get into when I've blown it. But it's a more realistic approach then trying to have only 100 calories for dinner, or whatever it may be.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Just feed yourself good, healthy foods and don't worry about it!
  • svpsam
    svpsam Posts: 1
    Options
    load up on veggies and remember this for tomorrow, because tomorrow is another day! don't feek out just get better.:smile:
  • court35hehe
    Options
    no oil added popping corn. 1 cup is only 15 cal.
  • snowbab
    snowbab Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    a bowl of broccoli dipped in mustard. I have this even when i have lots of cals left because it tastes good and it's warm. mmm