Hard work + the right tools pays off

Options
I started my journey to a healthier me a month ago. The first 3 weeks I was back in the gym 3 days a week but hadn't changed much of anything else. I was seeing some results but nowhere near the kind of progress I thought I would. This last week I took off of work and after discovering this site have spent that time working towards what I want to achieve.

During the last week I have started logging what I eat, eating healthier, working out 6 days a week rather than 3. Really just getting serious and focused on what I need to do. As a result I've really started to see the transform I was hoping for starting to take place when I look in the mirror.

This morning is the first time in years I've look in the mirror and don't feel "fat". Oh, I still have a ways to go but for the first time in years I can honestly say I have a little extra weight around the middle and not a "gut".

So I'm giving myself a small pat on the back this morning and a bigs thanks to the site and everyone on it for making that extra difference it took for me to get really serious about getting healthy.

I can and will progress further and so can all of you. Stay dedicated and good luck staying healthy everyone.

-Terry

Replies

• willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Terry, awesome awesome job!!! You definitely deserve a great big pat on the back and should be very proud of yourself. I remember always thinking, "I just can't lose any weight, I don't know why" Then one day it was like a lightbulb went off and I realized that with the combination of diet and exercise it really is possible. It's not easy to get in that mindset, but once you do you feel great! And you are exactly right, it's all about having the right tools, we :heart: MFP

Congratulations on a wonderful job:flowerforyou:
    Looking forward to more posts of your progress.
  • PonyGirl34
    PonyGirl34 Posts: 29
    Options
    This post is uplifting. I felt the same way this morning. I feel things tightening up. My clothes are loose. I even tried on bathing suits this morning so that I could pick one for a pool party tomorrow. I'm considering opting for a bikini rather than one of the sport suits b/c I don't feel so awful in it. :wink:

Congrats on your success and thanks for sharing!
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Options
    Way to go for sticking with it and working harder. Look forward to more of your posts as they are uplifting and motivational.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Good job!
    :flowerforyou:
    Keep it up!
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    good for you.....keep that good feeling!!!!!
  • MimerT
    MimerT Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!:smile:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is great WTG!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Way to go, that is awesome. Keep up the great work :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!