Units of measure when adding food...

Options
Why the devil isn't the unit of measure the same across the board? Or...why can't there be multiple options available? I hate having to convert grams to ounces, etc...

Just asking!

Replies

• alice6065
    alice6065 Posts: 1
    Options
    I also find this VERY frustrating, both in entering individual foods and in creating recipes. Seems it would be easy to allow choices on dropdown list for grams, ounces, or pounds, and for teaspoons, tablespoons, cups. The larger amounts are needed for entering a recipe.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    this would stop multiple entries if they had a generic drop down for each food item that had several ways to enter it, grams, ounces, cups, ect.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    That's the downside of having a database where items are added by users - the upside is that the database is huge, and international.
    Look for entries that have no * in front - these are entered by MFP and have a range of measurements including cups, grams etc.
  • sollyn
    sollyn Posts: 179
    Options
    the multiple choice would be very complicated to set up. This is a great site to use.http://www.mostonline.org/BirthWeightConvCombo.htm?gclid=CJTehd-R-64CFSEntAod_3xcyg

we have different weights and measures in different countries. I love the recipes that use cups myself, but mostly I use grams as they are really accurate.
    It keeps it all interesting:tongue: