Does anyone else find this disheartening?

Options

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Don't get too hung up on scale weight. You look really good @169.

Seen Staci? http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK GREAT!!!... I might have missed the point of the post.

LOL! I scrolled down to her pictures and temporarily forgot what the post was about, haha!
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I think you look amazing!
  • swthrtsmrf
    swthrtsmrf Posts: 384
    Options
    No offense to the other girl; but I think you look better than she does!

I agree. You are carrying it much better. But like everyone else said, everyone carries the weight differently. Do not let the look of how others carry the weight bother you. Be proud of what you got and how you get to where you want to be. Not how they look versus how you look at the same weight, etc. Keep up your good work.
  • chrisy0316
    Options
    I feel like this every time I see the before/after pics on some dieting or exercise infomercial or when I look at my sister (she is an inch shorter than me, weighed the same as I did to start but carried it in her lower body, had gastric bypass and is now half the woman she used to be)
    You look fantastic! I can't wait to see your progress and be encouraged by it! Keep up the great work!
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    HA HA, if I did I would throw something at my screen right now, BECAUSE you and I are the same height and I currently weigh 13 lbs less then you and you look about a million times better in a bra and panties then I do LOL

Be proud, you are gorgeous!
  • SusanleeBee
    SusanleeBee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, you currently have my -dream- body, so don't feel too bad! :flowerforyou:
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    You have an incredible bod. Some people would KILL for it... me included. Srsly tho. You're beautiful! :flowerforyou:
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    I bet you don't realize how many girls would want to be your size. Just a thought, keep it in perspective, you don't look bad at your weight, but I understand your gripe.
  • Lynnmi07
    Lynnmi07 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I think you have a great shape and definitely shouldn't compare yourself to others.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Truman Capote once said, "All comparisons are odious."

I believe it!
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I find your picture disheartening! Haha! The shoe is on the other foot. I am at 171 and in NO way does my body even come close to looking like yours! I think you look fantastic and don't think that you should compare you body to others. Like everyone says people carry their weight differently. Keep doing what you're doing don't let others get to you.
  • snowbab
    snowbab Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    lol, I'm 5'8 and 131 pounds, but to look like that girl at 134 pounds I'd probably have to be 120 (technically underweight). It sucks but it's not worth getting upset over. Just work hard and you'll get to where you want to be soon enough :D Good luck!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Don't compare yourself to anyone else! When I started losing weight (again) last year, I weighed 150 pounds and looked awful. But, other people who are 150 pounds look awesome. Just be the best YOU that you can be, and don't compare yourself to others. Work towards your own goals, and if you want to keep going afterwards, then do it.

I started out a few years back at 191 pounds and wearing sizes 18 and 20. My goal then was to be around 150 pounds and size 8. When I got there, I learned that I must have a teeny tiny frame because size 8 clothes make me look like a heifer. Yeah, other people look fantastic in that size. But I look like mush. So I changed my goal and kept going. I am now 12 pounds lighter and wearing sizes 4 and 6. I still have no abs and thighs that get heat rashes from rubbing together. It just goes to show how we are all different.

My profile picture was taken when I was 126 pounds a couple of years ago. I am trying to get back there because the 12 extra pounds I have on top of that just look bad on me. It really depends on your own body and preferences. Don't use anyone else's goals to shape you, decide what you want and go for it!
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I look at how far I've come and where I want to be, and I feel great — and then I see something like this
    tumblr_m16rvvXPYZ1rn1i8ao1_500.jpg

This girl is the same height as me, and her "start" weight is the weight I want to be at when I maintain. Now logically, I know that everyone holds weight differently and my body may be more fit than that when I reach the same weight because I've been incorporating so much exercise, but it's still frustrating on some level. For an idea of how my body holds weight, this is me right now at 169 (14 pounds above her start weight)

tumblr_m0mvetPnbw1r6b28yo1_r1_250.jpgtumblr_m0mvetPnbw1r6b28yo2_r2_250.jpg

Am I letting things get to me too much, or does anyone else have similar experiences?

I was up to 161 lbs and I could never look as good as that! Don't be so damn hard on yourself.
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I also think you look great already, and I love your smile. I do know how you feel, I get discouraged when I see people with a starting weight lower than my goal, but I also sometimes question peoples honesty. Not necessarily this girls, but people say 'this is me at my heaviest, 200lbs', and I have to think that either the camera isn't being kind, or they may have been a bit heavier than either they want to admit, or that they realised.

In the end though, there is little point in comparing yourself to others, you have to focus on yourself, and stop at whatever point you feel comfortable. I'm sure you'll get there soon enough.
  • riverabeth
    riverabeth Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Your 169 looks way better than My 169, lol!
  • fatgirlzrule2
    fatgirlzrule2 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I can kind of understand where you are coming from. I started out very big, and though I am down 74 pounds, I have a VERY long way to go, with my ultimate goal just making it into onederland. I see people on MFP who are on the high side of the 100's and they talk about how huge they have gotten. I start to think, "Man, what does that make me?" It does get me disheatened for a moment, but they are not me and I am not them. We are all different. So I have learned not to compare myself to other people, in how I look or weigh, in how I lose weight, or anything else.
    You look great by the way! Good luck in YOUR journey!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Everyone's different and everyone has different goals. Don't let it bother you.

I have very dark hair. Getting upset because someone else's goal weight is lower or higher than mine would be like getting mad every time a brunette went blonde. :wink:
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I can understand where you are coming from but I have to say that you look just like she did when she stared so logically you will look just as good (not the same obviously) when you reach your goal!!

Good luck and don't let any of this stuff get you down! Everyones experience is different!!