Newbie to cardio, need advice

Options
Hey everybody, I've started to change my food intake to be more healthy, and now I want to start incorporating some cardio into my life to help shed some weight. I'm not too worried about building muscle right now, I just want to lose the majority of my belly. I have an old mountain bike that I need to get back in riding condition, but until then I want to start running/walking and I was wondering the best way to start. Should I just set a time limit, say 30 minutes, and do as much as I can in that time? Sorry for such a broad question but I really don't know much about this. Thank you so much for any information!

Replies

• AfroWookie
    Options
    After reading on here, I think the Couch to 5K program would work for me. If you guys and gals have better suggestions, please feel free to tell me. Thanks!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    After reading on here, I think the Couch to 5K program would work for me. If you guys and gals have better suggestions, please feel free to tell me. Thanks!

Personally, I haven't done that C25k program, but there have been so many good reports on it, I would say go for it for sure.