Ladies...girlie question!!

Options
So, have any of you had changes in your menstrual cycles due to changing into your healthier lifestyles? Such as late or even absent periods?

Thanks so much!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Miss♥Ivi
    Miss♥Ivi Posts: 461
    Options
    Mine came back the second I lost 15lbs. :laugh: It protests and leaves me when I get too heavy!
  • dalygirl_2010
    Options
    mine has changed, but not in the way you are asking about, i used to not ever have one, except maybe one a year, now I am getting it every month... what a pain...
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I've been on the pill for several years so my period is pretty regular. However, it has gotten significantly lighter over the past year. No complaints from me! For me, lighter period = less cramping. :bigsmile:
  • nay1228
    nay1228 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Mine as always been extrememly regular no matter what my weight, however, my last two cycles I had no PMS. Absolutely nothing!
    For me, this is HUGE as is was getting worse as I get older. I definitely contribute this to better nutrition and exercise!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    oh yes!!! sometimes I spot for a day and thats my whole period. Usually I go three months normal and then a 6-7 week cycle. n fact- thats been going on for about a year now- steadily.

omg at first i thought i was pregnant like every 3 months. It was so stressful.

Here's how you know Nature is a not only a dude, but also an effing *kitten*.

Period late means stress or pregnancy
    Get stressed because of pregnancy possiblity
    Period gets later due to pregnancy stress
    Stress indicators are the same as early pregnancy indicators

welcome to our vicious circle, kwim
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! Insane changes. I'll skip, then I'll spot for 6 weeks, or I'll have a 2 day period and skip again, then a whole month. And that was while on birth control! LOL. I've never had a horribly regular cycle, but it got totally insane when I changed up lifestyle. And now it's even crazier with an implant instead of a pill! Yikes!
  • NewFitKeri
    NewFitKeri Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    oh yes!!! sometimes I spot for a day and thats my whole period. Usually I go three months normal and then a 6-7 week cycle. n fact- thats been going on for about a year now- steadily.

I almost just spit my water out laughing!! lol
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Miss♥Ivi Posts: 461
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I can't tell you how many times I've had that happen to me lmao
  • NewFitKeri
    Options
    Not to be even more personal...but have any of you had any vaginal pain since changing everything up?

Let me exclude;

-I'm not pregnant
    -No STD's
    -Not on birth control
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Last June when I first changed my eating and started exercising, I had a period that lasted literally a couple of hours one day, and it was basically nothing, light spotting. I freaked out of course but after that it has been pretty normal, occasionally very light....though I am on the pill to help me with endometriosis so that tends to keep me pretty much like clockwork.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    The only thing I've noticed is my cramps are worse - in that I seem have them for 2 days rather than 1 like I used to. My cycle has always been pretty regular and that hasn't changed.

I've heard that iron supplements help the cramps.. I have been meaning to try it.
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    The only thing I've noticed is my cramps are worse - in that I seem have them for 2 days rather than 1 like I used to. My cycle has always been pretty regular and that hasn't changed.

I've heard that iron supplements help the cramps.. I have been meaning to try it.

My cramps are worse too...and mine last for days, when I used to not have them at all. But then again, I went off my birth control a few weeks ago in an attempt to take one fewer medication, so maybe this is what it's like without the pills (and no, I'm not pregnant).
  • countryrayne
    Options
    I have put on so much weight that I don't have my period anymore. The doc says it has to do with the fat cells and how they effect estrogen. One of the many reasons why I am here!:ohwell:
  • nursestewart
    nursestewart Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    mine has changed, but not in the way you are asking about, i used to not ever have one, except maybe one a year, now I am getting it every month... what a pain...

This is actually a good thing for you..... IF you were struggling with infertility or trying to become pregnant. If your not...well then bummer :D
  • watts7787
    watts7787 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have always had a regular period (and cramps... :/ )no matter my weight! But, I was hoping with the eating better and exercising that my cramps would hopefully, possibly, lighten up? Umm that's a negative ghostrider. I am hoping that with continued weight loss that they will lighten up for me! At least I can hope. :)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Diet and exercise has a huge effect on hormones, and so you will see differences.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Having recently (21 days post surgery) undergone a complete hysterectomy due to post menopausal bleeding, I will add a tidbit to this thread.

I experienced this bleeding two years ago and had a D&C to remove thickening of my uterine lining. I again experienced the bleeding in February of this year.

My doctor warned me at that time that adipose tissue (fat) breaks down into female hormones and directly influences the build up of the uterine lining after menopause (I assume it has a similar effect in pre-menopausal women, creating longer and harder menstrual periods). In post menopausal women, this can lead to complex hyperplasia with atypia (a pre-cancer condition). See the link below for more medical information concerning this.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10021291

This served as a wake up call that sent me to MFP. Alas, it was too little too late for me and I had to have surgery to remove my uterus, cervix and ovaries, but as a result of joining MFP, I am 23 lbs lighter and on my way to getting back to a healthy lifestyle.

Yeah, I knew how to lose weight~have done it before and gained it back when I had my daughter 14 years ago. No excuses for me other than laziness and gluttony. I know others have reasons beyond their control for being obese, but I do not.

I started losing before I had my surgery and was about 17-18 lbs down when I went into the hospital. I am so thankful for MFP and my new found friends, as the surgery would have been much, much harder on me at my top weight of 290.

I have only one more thing to say:

Listen to your body, and be grateful when it gives you signals that all is well. If you feel there is something "not right" about your menstrual cycle do not hesitate to make an appointment with your gyno or your medical practitioner and share your symptoms with him or her.

You owe it to yourself to not only eat healthy and exercise regularly, but also to seek medical care on a regular basis.

I know I am glad that I did, that my doc advised me properly and that the surgery that I had to have as a result of not taking care of myself was successful. I also am thankful that God was merciful with me on so many counts.

Sorry to hijack your thread this way, but I feel it is pertinent to your question and hope this has helped someone who is seeking answers.

I also hope that you will speak with your doctor if things seem amiss!
  • bfhayes
    bfhayes Posts: 13
    Options
    yes, but mine has gotten more irregular, it used to be every 21 days on the spot and now it's been about every 4-5 weeks. My doctor told me that it is completely normal when your body is making changes :)
  • Ohjeezitskim
    Ohjeezitskim Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Jeez, I hope mine doesn't change. I'm almost always exactly 28 days, last month being 27 days. And mine usually last 3-4 days...
  • NewFitKeri
    Options
    Ty all;)