scared of gaining weight !!!

Options
Tomorrow is my birthday, and i am very happy about that, but all my friends want to take me out to eat, out of all the things in this world.:grumble: i have been avoiding restaurants ever sence I became serious about losing weight. Food is my weakness and it is very hard for me to make good choices in a place like that. To top things off, im turning 21 which means drinking !:drinker: i have already lost 12lbs and am soo scared of putting them bac on. MFP i need some advise and motivation.

PLease...

Replies

• teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    eat healthy before you go.. then indulge in a little something.. if your stomach is almost full when you arrive at the restaurant, you will eat light... as for the drinks

you only turn 21 once!!!!! is that the drinking age where you live?
  • smcopley
    smcopley Posts: 34
    Options
    I had the same situation about a month ago!! I ate and drank a lot that wknd for my 21st, but I was able to start again fresh on Monday!! Just make sure you get back into it right away. Live a little...you only turn 21 once! Have fun!! :flowerforyou:
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    First of all...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :flowerforyou:

I agree with everyone else on this thread. It's you're birthday! And you do only turn 21 once - so let yourself indulge! And don't beat yourself up for it the next day - you've worked hard and you deserve one day off as long as you don't let it turn into a week off and then another week off :tongue:

Just get back on track on Monday! You're not going to gain all 12 pounds back just from indulging once :smile:

And congrats on losing 12 pounds!!! That's awesome! :happy:

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • purrr
    purrr Posts: 46
    Options
    you don't gain weight on your birthday, it only happens once a year so the weight loss gods have mercy and don't turn the food into fat... relax and enjoy yourself, it's your special day after all!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I had the same situation about a month ago!! I ate and drank a lot that wknd for my 21st, but I was able to start again fresh on Monday!! Just make sure you get back into it right away. Live a little...you only turn 21 once! Have fun!! :flowerforyou:

Oooh, not Monday.............Sunday!!

As soon as your blurry head hits the pillow, you are off to a brand new start.

Life is about living. SOME days it is going to be about going to town.

Try to eat healthy at dinner, cuz something tells me the rest of the night is nothing but drinking!!

(Oh YEAH and dont forget dancing is exercise!!!)

Happy Birthday!!:drinker:
  • easy2lov3
    easy2lov3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! finally legal to drink...woohooo... im goin to take this advice and let u know how it turns out:happy: