What are you currently reading??

Options

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    For Whom the Bell Tolls(never read it before)

And

Best Hiking in Hawaii.
  • IAMDDAY
    IAMDDAY Posts: 771
    Options
    WereWorld Rise of the Werewolf
  • dhvozza
    dhvozza Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Atlas Shrugged-Ayn Rand
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I just finished "Ready Player One".

It is a must read for anyone in their early 30's to early 40's. You will absolutely not be disappointed.
  • JEZ112
    JEZ112 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A Jo Nesbo book. Can't remember the name but I'm enjoying it. Billed as the next Steig Larsson - not sure about that yet, but it's a good yarn
  • JEZ112
    Options
    A Jo Nesbo book. Can't remember the name but I'm enjoying it. Billed as the next Steig Larsson - not sure about that yet, but it's a good yarn
    I have read all the Nesbo books on my Kindle... they are great
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    The Black Banners: The Inside Story of 9/11 and the War Against al-Qaeda by Ali Soufan. It is incredible.
  • JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    "Whatever Mother Says." It's about this woman who killed her kids. She shot one of them and burned her alive later, and locked the other in a closet until she starved to death.
  • ssohni
    ssohni Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am reading An American Son by Marco Rubio. It is a delightful read which gives good insight to the man.
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Options
    Dragonfly in Amber (2nd book in the Outlander Series) by Diana Gabaldon. Super good read and very addictive. The 1st book in the series came out in 1991 and there's like 7 in it now...can't believe I never knew about these books before!

Love this series!

I am re-reading Fall of Giants by Ken Follett. The second book in the series is coming out this fall, and I want to have the characters in mind before I read the second part. I love his books...he's pretty much ruined me for other authors.
  • JEZ112
    Options
    Dragonfly in Amber (2nd book in the Outlander Series) by Diana Gabaldon. Super good read and very addictive. The 1st book in the series came out in 1991 and there's like 7 in it now...can't believe I never knew about these books before!

Love this series!

I am re-reading Fall of Giants by Ken Follett. The second book in the series is coming out this fall, and I want to have the characters in mind before I read the second part. I love his books...he's pretty much ruined me for other authors.
    Can't wait for the second book to come out
  • jubeesh
    jubeesh Posts: 156
    Options
    Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain

Death Without Company by Craig Johnson (part of the Walt Longmire series)

Man Eaters of Kumaon by Jim Corbett

I usually keep a book in each room of the house and read whatever book happens to be in the room I am in.
  • jillianlovesyarn
    jillianlovesyarn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Bright from the Start by Jill Stamm, Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood and The Prague Cemetery by Umberto Eco.

I just finished Iq84 by Murakami, Summertime by J.M. Coetzee and The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides. I loved the first two but didn't care for The Marriage Plot much despite liking Middlesex and The Virgin Suicides quite a bit. I would have rated it an average book had it been written by someone else but it was sort of disappointing coming from Eugenides.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    'The Invisible Bridge' for a book group that I belong to. It's long, but good.
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    just finished on Friday " The Lincoln Assassination'. It was excellent book if you like history. I do.
  • losingit1970
    losingit1970 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The Help
  • ohmykai
    ohmykai Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Floor Time, By Liz Crowe.
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Recently finished: "Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life" by Donald S. Whitney

Ongoing: Holy Bible - Currently "The Revelation" (second time around)

Ongoing: "Prayers of a Righteous Man"
  • healthyamyb
    healthyamyb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am reading Mindless Eating by Brian Wansink. I highly recommend it!
  • acole75
    acole75 Posts: 3
    Options
    50 Shades Freed....really not the best series of books, very poorly written and very repetitive.