What do you do when you're bored?

Options
irishdancer23
irishdancer23 Posts: 172 Member
Hey everyone! So i had been doing really well eating and working out with mfp, but i am on break right now. i was fine for the first few days, but now i feel like all i do is watch tv and surf the web. as a result, i've been eating when i'm not hungry. i really don't want to sabotage myself! so i'm wondering...what do you guys do when you're bored?

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Write my lit review for my doctorate...oh wait, that's what's boring me. :sad:
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Pinterest, Facebook, movies, looking for new music, knitting, painting my nails, doing hair, now that it's warmer outside I pull my friends out and wander around the mall... Stuff like that.

You could maybe try to take up a non-food hobby, such as learning a new language or some kind of a craft? Most people don't think about food when they have their minds somewhere else.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I dance... poorly.
  • irishdancer23
    Options
    yeah i am looking for a different hobby. dancing sounds fun too! i love just dance 3, but after a while i get kind of tired of the songs. and while homework is always a blast...yeah not so much :) thanks for the suggestions guys!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Read.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    lurk/troll forums.
    video games.
    go to the gym.
    try to get Rhapsody to work properly.
    listen to random music.
  • irishdancer23
    Options
    great ideas! i love listening to music. i used to read pretty much 24/7 and just in the past few years i've stopped. i should pick it up again!
  • kassied09
    kassied09 Posts: 397
    Options
    walk. run. cook and bake for other people. look up healthy versions of things that look yummy but are too fatty and try them. (black bean chocolate cake?! who knew?!). study. watch tv. beg my boyfriend to play cards with me. life weights. yoga. pinterest.
  • vabrewer33
    vabrewer33 Posts: 185
    Options
    Try painting, cross stitch, crocheting...anything to keep your hands busy. If your hands aren't available to grab a snack, then they won't!! :)
  • countrywildflower
    countrywildflower Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    music, surf the web, exercise
  • Bergiere
    Bergiere Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Eat, but I'm trying really hard to break that habit. :smile:
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Loiter on MFP...
  • Janiot
    Janiot Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Read my kindle
    Read forums on MFP
    Walk the dog
  • pepper396
    pepper396 Posts: 33
    Options
    This was me for the past 2 weeks prior to looking AWESOME and down almost 12 lbs. I stopped with the gym and wanted to just walk and hike outside plus deprive myself of less calories.... now I just WANT to eat and cook AWESOME meals.... I now will be working out at home but if I choose to be lazy and eat whatever I am forcing myself squats, crunches and gulping at least 10 cups of water.
  • Ayeshat
    Ayeshat Posts: 209
    Options
    Write my lit review for my doctorate...oh wait, that's what's boring me. :sad:
    Lool YES!! replace lit review with dissertation and instead of doing that, I'm on here haha
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I play around on MFP when I'm bored...
    ....and when I'm at school
    ....and when I'm home and should be doing hw
    ....all the time....
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    My addiction is genealogy - so I do that whenever I can - tracing your family tree is (for me anyway!) interesting, addictive, gets your research and mathematical skills working, and you will find all sorts of interesting stuff along the way. Mind I am old, and this may not appeal to young people - but do it now whilst your grandparents and older relatives are still alive, you will learn things you never knew you never knew :-)

And MFP - there is lots to read and think about :smile:
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I work on my golf swing
  • amazing_shrinking_woman
    Options
    Read.

^^^This. Alot!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Read a book, play video games, browse MFP/YouTube/various other sites, chat with some friends, etc.

That's basically it.