New Guy from Ventura

Options
Hey all,

I just thought I would introduce myself as well.

I am a 42 year old husband, and father of a 4 year old litte girl, who has finally come to the realization that if I want to be around to see my little girl grow up, and maybe even have kids herself, that I better start taking care of myself. I have a family history of diabetes and a father, and grandmother, who both passed away before 60 and that is not going to be me.

I have also been using the fact that I am a "big guy", I am 6'2", and that I am older as, an excuse for the fact that I have put on over sixty pounds over the past ten years. The bottom line is that there is no excuse for the shape I am in now when I spent almost all of my twenties and early thirties hovering between 190 and 200.

Anyway, I am looking for support, and to be supportive of others on their journeys. As an fyi, in addition to using MFP I also just started Power 90 and I will be moving on to p90x so if anyone else is involved in these programs and has any words of wisdom or would like to connect please let me know.