Low carb ideas for lunch...except salad

Options
hails62
hails62 Posts: 16 Member
Does anyone have any ideas for a low carb lunch? Every site or topic I read its always salad with meat, i get VERY bored of salads, plus I live in Ireland were its mostly cold :) so I dont really want to eat a cold lunch all the time, something to warm me up! I have a microwave in work to heat food up. So just wanted know what your fave lunch ideas are.....

Thanx!

Replies

• natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I make soups. I will make a batch and portion it out for the week. If I dont eat it all then I will freeze the portions. Then I can grab a serving of soup out of the freezer when I dont have any on hand.
  • Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I sometimes make beef mince or tuna into either:

Curry with spinach onion mushroom or

Taco seasoning.

Very warming and filling and not too many carbs!

Some more ideas from this website:
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Explore the world of Korean style dishes and cook up some short ribs!

Ill grab some large lettuce leaves (bibb, boston, etc), freshly cooked beef, sauteed onions and mushrooms, fill up the cup, wrap it and eat it up!

Vietnam makes a MASS LOAD of totally awesome PHO! I make mine with Shirataki noodles (extremely low carb) to replace the egg/rice noodles. Beef, pork, chicken, tofu, seafood, fresh vegetables in a hearty stock. Grab some thai basil, bean sprouts, fresh cilantro and put it in your bowl of soup - spice things up with some sriracha or savory-load with fish sauce.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    leftovers!!!

Try nomnompaleo.com for recipe ideas (paleo website, which are mostly low carb friendly)
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I made some homemade butternut squash soup the other day and froze a bunch of it in single serving containers for my lunches. Really easy to make too :)
  • SBgettingLean
    Options
    I enjoy a shrimp, broccoli, and garlic stir fry in olive oil for a low carb lunch :)
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Eggs? I used to carry in a little cooler my meals and heating eggs in a mug or small bowl with some cheese or whatever mix-ins I wanted used to be a favorite meal of mine. The eggs turn out really fluffy in the microwave when you mix a bit of milk in.