Shopping Cart Pics (:

Options

Replies

• Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as to why you would think we'd judge your turkey.

I'm wondering about your CoolWhip:
    WATER, CORN SYRUP, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL (COCONUT AND PALM KERNEL OILS), LESS THAN 2% OF SODIUM CASEINATE (FROM MILK), NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, XANTHAN AND GUAR GUMS, POLYSORBATE 60, SORBITAN MONOSTEARATE, SODIUM POLYPHOSPHATES, BETA CAROTENE (COLOR).

Just my opinion, but I think you'd be better off with a serving of the real deal.
    Trans fats and glucose-fructose aren't so hot for ya.
  • RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    oh and what is grits?... I don't think we have that her in London

it's like malt o meal, if you have that. but! it's ground hominy or corn. it's kind of like porridge

Grits are cornmeal... so polenta to the rest of the world... Maybe prepared differently and ground a little finer, but generally the same. When I moved to texas I would get frustrated trying to find polenta in the "international" aisle... then I figured it out. Duh.

BTW, AWESOME idea for a thread... I love it! Alas I have nothing to post...
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

WATER, CORN SYRUP, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL (COCONUT AND PALM KERNEL OILS), LESS THAN 2% OF SODIUM CASEINATE (FROM MILK), NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, XANTHAN AND GUAR GUMS, POLYSORBATE 60, SORBITAN MONOSTEARATE, SODIUM POLYPHOSPHATES, BETA CAROTENE (COLOR).

Just my opinion, but I think you'd be better off with a serving of the real deal.
    I was unaware. Now I have two containers because it was on sale.
  • Ayeshat
    Ayeshat Posts: 209
    Options
    oh and what is grits?... I don't think we have that her in London

it's like malt o meal, if you have that. but! it's ground hominy or corn. it's kind of like porridge

Grits are cornmeal... so polenta to the rest of the world... Maybe prepared differently and ground a little finer, but generally the same. When I moved to texas I would get frustrated trying to find polenta in the "international" aisle... then I figured it out. Duh.

BTW, AWESOME idea for a thread... I love it! Alas I have nothing to post...

OOOh i know polenta.. I've never tried it though but i've seen jamie oliver cook it, and yeah taking pictures that will implicate u will make u think twice eh?.... So nect time I'll put down that family pack of Snickers haha
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    oo this is fun!!!
  • Ayeshat
    Options
    Why is it that supermarkets always have sales on the stuff I'm trying to give up... whhhhhy?... but never 2 for one on sugar snap peas or a roll back on broccoli.. damn those people
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Why is it that supermarkets always have sales on the stuff I'm trying to give up... whhhhhy?... but never 2 for one on sugar snap peas or a roll back on broccoli.. damn those people
    My broccoli was 99cents for the bag!
  • Blondeweightloss
    Options
    HAHA I can see you're a Asda shopper too :)
  • Ayeshat
    Options
    loooool yes!... But they're really taking the michael these days drawing my attention with their red and yellow rollback signs only for me to realise they've reduced it by 15p... seriously!....

ooh cheap broccoli... maybe I should start buying loose veg
  • Blondeweightloss
    Options
    loooool yes!... But they're really taking the michael these days drawing my attention with their red and yellow rollback signs only for me to realise they've reduced it by 15p... seriously!....

I saw the funniest thing in my Asda in Gillingham Dorset (I am a London girl but moved to the country some years ago) anyway, they had a HUGE sign saying ROLLBACK HUGE SAVINGS etc on some strawberries and it said : Was £2.99 now £3.49 ... think I'll try Tesco hahaha
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options

After Lent, my shopping cart will be 45% Cool Whip. I love that stuff. I would eat real whip cream, but I can't stomach it for some reason.
  • Ayeshat
    Options

I saw the funniest thing in my Asda in Gillingham Dorset (I am a London girl but moved to the country some years ago) anyway, they had a HUGE sign saying ROLLBACK HUGE SAVINGS etc on some strawberries and it said : Was £2.99 now £3.49 ... think I'll try Tesco hahaha
    hahahaha....and u know what.. some poor sucker probably fell for it and just grabbed it dunked it in the trolley and didnt even look at the price... ur right.. this is why Tesco are taking over the world
  • Ayeshat
    Options
    cool whip isn't real whipped cream?.... what is it?... lool I'm fascinated by the eatings of everywhere apart from london
  • Julz2586
    Julz2586 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    OOOOO this looks like fun!! i will have to take a pic of mine next time...
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I actually have some on my phone... don't judge!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

Teehee! My thoughts exactly. And I almost said something about the deli meat, but I guess it's not AS bad if it's lower sodium.

Nice looking haul otherwise though :)

OH! And as for grits, I also didn't know what they were! To be completely honest, I'm Canadian and a lot of us thought they were fried endtrails from chicken this whole time! Thanks for clearing this up, I'm definitely less disgusted now!!
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Yes, I guess I should've also remarked on your shopping cart pic and your thread. :flowerforyou:
    I think you've got a great looking haul of food there and I love the idea of this thread.
  • panicintheattic
    panicintheattic Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    ooh I just went shopping not long ago, but next time I'll have to grab a picture! This is a fun idea :)

And darn, the last time I went shopping, my haul was really great too...
  • wildcat808
    wildcat808 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lizz3lizz
    lizz3lizz Posts: 14
    Options
    Bump, I have to go to work first