PB2 ideas anyone?

Options
I just got my PB2 in the mail today!
I have been missing peanut butter since I started watching calories...
Anyway, I thought this might be good.

What's the best way to enjoy this stuff?

Replies

• TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Mine arrived today too.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    what is this PB 2?
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    So far I only eat mine with crackers, but I have heard ppl say they stir it into yogurt, oatmeal, and put it on ice cream. I want to try that ice cream idea! Sounds tasty!!
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I've tried it in oatmeal, it was ok.

PB2 is defatted dried peanuts. It's like 45 calories for 2 tbsp mixed.
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    i use mine in my morning protein shake:

1 c. almond milk
    1/2 banana (or a whole one - up to you)
    chocolate whey protein (I use the EAS Lean 15 100 cals for 2 scoops) - you can skip this if you want
    2 T. PB 2
    Stevia if you like it sweet
    5 ice cubes
    Whip it up in the blender.

about 250 cals depending on how much banana you use and if you use the protein...

I think it tastes like the peanut butter shakes I used to get at my local ice cream shop which are now off limits. :)
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I reconstitute it with water per the directions and use like I would peanut butter. On fruit, toast, etc. Or I mix the powder into protein shakes.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    PB2 is dehydrated peanut butter. I use it in sandwiches, but it's also great for baking! My daughter loves peanut butter but hates peanuts, so I mix 3 cups old fashioned oats, 1/2 cup pb2 (I buy in bulk), 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, 1 cup sunflower seeds, 1 cup dried cranberries, 1 can condensed milk, 2 tbls melted butter- press into 9X13 pan and bake for 22 minutes at 350. If you like a softer granola bar, mix 1 tbls honey or maple syrup with 2 tbls water and baste the top when you remove the pan from the oven. YUM!!!
  • kathyprescott
    Options
    I really like PB2! I use it on crackers, I've made peanut butter (PB2) sandwiches, I've even spread it on a banana. It's good!!! Hope you enjoy your's. ~ Kathy
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    Mix the powder driectly into frozed yogurt for a low call boost of awesomness! (PB2, vanilla frozen yogurt, and a dash of pumpkin pie spice...mmm). It can be mixed into anything that has high moisture. However, do reconstitiute it before trying to blend into a smoothie and NEVER lick the spoon unless you like concrete gums.

Or reconstitute and use just like peanut butter. I mix it with rice milk and it turns out amazing.
  • TabbyKatzzz
    Options
    Thanks so much!

I can't wait to try some of these out!
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Mix the powder driectly into frozed yogurt for a low call boost of awesomness! (PB2, vanilla frozen yogurt, and a dash of pumpkin pie spice...mmm). It can be mixed into anything that has high moisture. However, do reconstitiute it before trying to blend into a smoothie and NEVER lick the spoon unless you like concrete gums.

Or reconstitute and use just like peanut butter. I mix it with rice milk and it turns out amazing.

i don't reconstitute for my above smoothie because the almond milk does that. if you are adding to a liquid, no need to premix first....
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I mix with extra (hot) water and make an instant sauce for ice cream or a dipping sauce for popcorn. Or put the popcorn in a bag, pour the PB2 in and shake it up. So tasty.

I also use it for peanut sauces on chicken and noodles by just adding spices and extra hot water again.

It's goes in my oatmeal (still powdered) and Greek yogurt (also still powdered).

I've used the chocolate version as a "frosting" for chocolate cupcakes, which had a sweet PB filling made with regular PB mixed with some almond milk and powdered sugar.

I eat it on my toast every single morning for breakfast. I've eaten it with apples, carrots and bananas. Heck, I use the stuff in and with everything. My last order was three cases of four jars each and my next order is gonna be of the bags of it. :D
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I love mixing it in either vanilla or honey greek yogurt, or in my protein shakes :)
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    On top of oatmeal. ;) I don't use pb2. I use peanut flour but same result.
  • LolaVersion2
    LolaVersion2 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    bump! Need to get my hands on this stuff!!
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    PB2 is wonderful. I am in love with it, and Amazon knows so ;)

I tried making cookies with it today with great results.

4T PB2, dry
    2T cocoa powder
    Scant 1/4 cup applesauce
    1 egg
    1/2tsp baking soda
    Scant 1/4tsp salt
    Sweetener of choice. I did 12 drops liquid stevia (baking evaporates the sugars, will use powdered stevia next time).
    Scant 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (I make my own at home - melted butter, mix in cocoa powder and stevia, pipe into tiny chip mounds and freeze for 30 minutes. Fold right into the batter before baking.)

Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, makes 6 cookies.
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I mix with extra (hot) water and make an instant sauce for ice cream or a dipping sauce for popcorn. Or put the popcorn in a bag, pour the PB2 in and shake it up. So tasty.

I thought I was the only one who dipped popcorn in my PB2! :P

Now I MUST try it shaken up with my popcorn! Thank you so much! :flowerforyou:
  • doironw
    doironw Posts: 1
    Options
    I mix it with unsweetened coconut milk and put it in the fridge till chilled. I then put some yogurt on top with blueberries for a dessert or put it on toast with strawberries. Delicious