Tracking P90X Workouts

Options
Behl9
Behl9 Posts: 95 Member
How does everyone track fitness program workouts, specifically P90X. I'd feel OK tracking Kenpo as martial arts for "x" amount of time but, what about AbRipper and the other muscle specific workouts that focus less on cardio? I would generally think that I could just not track these workouts but I do break a sweat during them and I don't want to short myself on net calories for the days I do these workouts. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Phoink
    Phoink Posts: 8
    Options
    I would love to know this as well. I use Kenpo as a good intense cardio workout. So far I've been selecting the 'martial arts, tai kwan do..." option and logging 45 minutes to an hour. Once I've built up more endurance I intend to start Plyometerics and will want to be able to log that as well. It'd just be really nice to go in and search P90X and select which DVD you did that day. :grumble:
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Honestly the best way is with a HRM otherwise you can track it as circuit training I suppose or you can search strength training in the cardio section of your exercises and see how many calories you burn. It won't be accurate though w/o a HRM.
  • Behl9
    Options
    Well that makes sense... Tony Horton is always talking about monitors - I guess it's time for me to invest in one. Thanks :smile:
  • Behl9
    Options
    I would love to know this as well. I use Kenpo as a good intense cardio workout. So far I've been selecting the 'martial arts, tai kwan do..." option and logging 45 minutes to an hour. Once I've built up more endurance I intend to start Plyometerics and will want to be able to log that as well. It'd just be really nice to go in and search P90X and select which DVD you did that day. :grumble:

Agreed!