large stomach

Options
i'm not trying to lose weight as i'm 5'5 and 120lbs, but my prob is my budda belly. i only drink alcohol maybe once a month so it's not beer belly and i pretty much only drink water. does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of a belly? exercise tapes or specific foods?
oh, and it's not flabby, it's round and kind of tight (def not pregnant either).
thanks in advance!

Replies

• molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    i'm not trying to lose weight as i'm 5'5 and 120lbs, but my prob is my budda belly. i only drink alcohol maybe once a month so it's not beer belly and i pretty much only drink water. does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of a belly? exercise tapes or specific foods?
    oh, and it's not flabby, it's round and kind of tight (def not pregnant either).
    thanks in advance!

Cardio..you're 5'5 weigh 120..and u want to lose 20 pounds? is that right? can't be :noway:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I would get a good abs video and do it every day. My friend was slim like you, with a rounded belly. It was because of the type of ab work she did.

Your stomach has muscles criss crossing and up and down. When you get a good video, they work all the aspects of the tummy.

I started doing the oblique exercises and lost an inch in a month.

:flowerforyou:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    There isn't a magic exercise or food. But running is what helped mine. It looks better at 120 than when I was down to 115.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    There isn't a magic exercise or food. But running is what helped mine. It looks better at 120 than when I was down to 115.

sure, running uses all of your core muscles. :flowerforyou: :love:

that is why I have been trying to learn to run:wink:
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Do you drink a lot of diet soda? I swear it is the reason I used to have a "Buddha belly" because once I stopped drinking it (or taking in so much artificial sweetener) my belly deflated. If this isn't the case for you then try working on your core like people said above :)
  • val0477
    val0477 Posts: 5
    Options
    sorry, when i started this i wans't sure of my current weight so i just put what it was last time i checked it...and i was alot off. i wouldn't mind losing a couple of pounds (just to help the budda belly) but i'm really looking at toning more than anything. can anyone recommend a good ab tap? i'm currently doing the 30 day shred so i am doing something but if someone has come across a really good ab tape i'd like to work that in.
    TIA
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    sorry, when i started this i wans't sure of my current weight so i just put what it was last time i checked it...and i was alot off. i wouldn't mind losing a couple of pounds (just to help the budda belly) but i'm really looking at toning more than anything. can anyone recommend a good ab tap? i'm currently doing the 30 day shred so i am doing something but if someone has come across a really good ab tape i'd like to work that in.
    TIA

I thought that was off! lol....The firm, crunch Ab blaster, 30 minutes, done in three segments, so you can do one or all three, they get harder...great ab workout, I added the fitness ball to the program, and bumped it up a level.
  • onfleur
    onfleur Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It could be an intestinal problem. Go to a health food store i.e. wild oates and speak with one of their employess and ask about a good colon cleanse? I had a friend who had the same kind of challenge and after the cleanse, she not only lost 7 pounds but it took care of her belly. Let us know how it goes. Best to you.