Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Gotta compete with US ARMY!!

alaskancoppertop
alaskancoppertop Posts: 35
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I am new to MyFitnessPal and hoping it helps me have some great success in the future. I am a ten year Army vet, although you can't tell that by looking at me right now! I was 115 pounds and wearing a size 2 when I met my ex-husband, but a little over a year later, I was weighing in at 150 pounds after having my daughter and gaining back all the baby weight due to lack of exercise since I had left active duty. I didn't gain any weight with my son, two and a half years later, but after a divorce, losing about 25 pounds and returning to active duty, several injuries and another round of lack of exercise caused me to gain it all back, along with another 15 pounds. Being married to another soldier (who refuses to aknowledge that I am at anything but the perfect weight and body shape!!) and being back within a block of my ex-husband... both soldiers who are 5'8" and 5'9" and neither of whom have ever seen numbers higher than 135 pounds without serious weight gaining programs... has made my desire to fit back into my old uniforms and back to my 7.5 minute mile so strong that it HURTS (at least, when my ankle doesn't hurt and my asthma isn't kicking in!!).

Replies

• wmcnicol
    wmcnicol Posts: 144
    This site really helps its awesome!! I see in your profile that you wanna get in shape so you can have a baby!! Thats awesome! and I'm sure pretty good motivation!!! Good Luck girl!!
  • rolandhulme
    rolandhulme Posts: 148 Member
    Fellow redheads are always welcome here! Way to go, girl! Good luck with your goals and we look forward to hearing more from you!
  • Yea, the baby thing is gonna be WAY off, though, I have two other MAJOR conditions, that are priority (I just thought of the weight thing this afternoon when we wandered into maternity clothes area and saw some CUTE!! maternity outfits)... we have to be married at least a year (we just got married in Dec, although we have known each other since May of 2006, and my ex and I got pregnant six weeks after we got married, don't want a repeat, esp since hubster already has one from his first and I got two from mine!), and two, we have to have our finances fixed, which means, ALL of his bad debt paid off, money in savings, and a comfortable budget for the house so I am not worried about being able to afford our bills and food and stuff for the baby. But I plan on meeting the weight condition before we meet either of the first two!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • wmcnicol
    wmcnicol Posts: 144
    Yea, the baby thing is gonna be WAY off, though, I have two other MAJOR conditions, that are priority (I just thought of the weight thing this afternoon when we wandered into maternity clothes area and saw some CUTE!! maternity outfits)... we have to be married at least a year (we just got married in Dec, although we have known each other since May of 2006, and my ex and I got pregnant six weeks after we got married, don't want a repeat, esp since hubster already has one from his first and I got two from mine!), and two, we have to have our finances fixed, which means, ALL of his bad debt paid off, money in savings, and a comfortable budget for the house so I am not worried about being able to afford our bills and food and stuff for the baby. But I plan on meeting the weight condition before we meet either of the first two!!

well time is good. Gives you longer to get where you are wanting to be. :) time is always good lol good luck!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Good luck on your journey!!!
This discussion has been closed.