why do I do this to myself??

Options
Ok, so I have been here since March 10th. I have been sucessful in losing about 13 pounds. So here's the question... WHY am I starting to lose the motivation? I know as soon as I start eating how I used to, the lbs will come right back. I have just noticed that for about 2 weeks, I havent lost a pound and I have been slacking on logging my food. I have been kind of keeping track in my head, but up untill about 2 wks ago I was OBSESSED with logging. I think the standstill in weight loss is to blame but has this happened to anyone else, and how do I get my mojo back????? HELP!!!!

Replies

• Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Someone once told me that we all seem to live life too fast. When we get caught up in everyday life, it can be easy to lose your "mojo", as you say. I have found that, and after 41 years on earth, I've tried it all, you have to decide that you're worth taking the time. No one will stop you during your hectic, crazy busy day and ask you, "Have you done something for yourself today?" Yeah, right! We are worth it. God wants us to be happy. Feeling like we let ourselves down is not God's way. There is no vanity in wanting to feel good about yourself, inside and out.

Take the time. Make the time. Force yourself to FIND the time. If it is the only way you think that you can reach your goals on this journey, you owe it to yourself.

God bless.

:flowerforyou:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I have been here since March 10th. I have been sucessful in losing about 13 pounds. So here's the question... WHY am I starting to lose the motivation? I know as soon as I start eating how I used to, the lbs will come right back. I have just noticed that for about 2 weeks, I havent lost a pound and I have been slacking on logging my food. I have been kind of keeping track in my head, but up untill about 2 wks ago I was OBSESSED with logging. I think the standstill in weight loss is to blame but has this happened to anyone else, and how do I get my mojo back????? HELP!!!!

I lower my weight loss goals until I regain control over logging and making healthy choices. Then I bump it up again!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Take it one day at a time. don't worry about why you keep doing stuff. Just do something different starting right now.

Find a group on the message boards and stay in touch with them.

When you get up in the morning remind yourself that losing weight is the most important thing in your life--more important than entertaining yourself or pleasing your friends and family or doing anything else that steals your time.

Today is the beginning of a new way of thinking for you.

drink some water:drinker: :drinker: and get some exercise right now.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I agree take it one day at time!!!